This game is "NOT" going to fail.

Varaten

Okay, I am really disappointed. I looked around at Youtube looking for good reviews for STWOR, and what do I find everyone trash talking about how bad this game is and how much this is going to fail and I only found one good review of the game. I have played four classes so far and love this game. Most of the stuff that was on Youtube was about having to deal with the voice acting and that they just wanted quest text to know what they have to kill. I am sorry but when I played that “other” mmo I was entirely bored of the story line and thought that it made no sense. This “other” mmo barely put any effort into story and tries to appease to people who just want to kill 30 boars for 4 tusk, instead of having good story and feeling like the accomplishing things with their character. I just want to say thanks Bioware I think you made a great game and keep up the work.

People just have no sense of contentment anymore. Maybe if the game had **** scenes or children getting shot to pieces (well, wouldn't be a first for EA) everyone would stop complaining. They can't stop complaining, because they need an outlet for their negativity and hatred.

Most of the stuff that was on Youtube was about having to deal with the voice acting and that they just wanted quest text to know what they have to kill.

This right here invalidates their opinion in my eyes. They knew the game was heavily story driven and had a lot of cut scenes and dialogue..... and they chose to play it anyways. They lose the right to complain about it, they knew the game was more than likely not their cup of tea.

I'm having a ton of fun with the game, and honestly the dialogue and cut scenes and story are what makes it most interesting. Also, when it comes to reviews the minority is always the loudest. They didn't like the game and therefore no one else should like it, and they'll do whatever they can to turn people away.

Just have fun and don't pay attention to these kind of people.

Edited by TheLightningLord

Okay, I am really disappointed. I looked around at Youtube looking for good reviews for STWOR, and what do I find everyone trash talking about how bad this game is and how much this is going to fail and I only found one good review of the game. I have played four classes so far and love this game. Most of the stuff that was on Youtube was about having to deal with the voice acting and that they just wanted quest text to know what they have to kill. I am sorry but when I played that “other” mmo I was entirely bored of the story line and thought that it made no sense. This “other” mmo barely put any effort into story and tries to appease to people who just want to kill 30 boars for 4 tusk, instead of having good story and feeling like the accomplishing things with their character. I just want to say thanks Bioware I think you made a great game and keep up the work.

It's pretty bad atm.

I am enjoying myself but in all honesty, this isn't an MMO, mb a SPO. Too many bug, too lonely feeling, vast empty. PvP is fun though.

Edited by Boesmith

Glad you can tell the future. Will I ever find true love?

I only used that title because its the first thing that comes up when you type "why star wars old republic" and then you get "why star wars old republic will fail". I don't know the future and I don't if star wars will fail. But I do know that I will continue to play this game.

Thanks for trolling on my thread and not making any real comments, move along.

Okay, I am really disappointed. I looked around at Youtube looking for good reviews for STWOR, and what do I find everyone trash talking about how bad this game is and how much this is going to fail and I only found one good review of the game. I have played four classes so far and love this game. Most of the stuff that was on Youtube was about having to deal with the voice acting and that they just wanted quest text to know what they have to kill. I am sorry but when I played that “other” mmo I was entirely bored of the story line and thought that it made no sense. This “other” mmo barely put any effort into story and tries to appease to people who just want to kill 30 boars for 4 tusk, instead of having good story and feeling like the accomplishing things with their character. I just want to say thanks Bioware I think you made a great game and keep up the work.[

I believe this game will do very well too. Nevermind the little WoW helpers. They were not prepared! lol

I would ask you to explain, but there obviously isn't any logic behind that raw statement.

Hey could you go pick up x or do x for me

sure

return after picking up x or doing x

Gee thanks

Never talk to that npc again

SUCH A GREAT STORY LUL

it has not failed, but at some time after probably 1 years minimum it will has to go into maintenance-mode and start sustaining itself without 100+ dev team.

But 100 devs at $100,000 per year that's only $10,000,000 which a $30 exansion in 2012 would only need 333,334 sold to cover dev cost alone.:confused:

Edited by WLpride

Hey could you go pick up x or do x for me

sure

return after picking up x or doing x

Gee thanks

Never talk to that npc again

SUCH A GREAT STORY LUL

Have you even played the game yet? :/ Sounds like you're quoting a classic MMo stereo type. And you're just talking about the mechanics of a quest, does that have to do with the story? You realise Legend of Zelda, The Elder Scrolls, Metal Gear, Metroid, etc.. are all full of 'fetch quests' cleverly disguised as a story..? Hey, the Lord of the Rings is one big fetch quest.

I guess the entirety of English literature is, therefore, flawed, and a WoW clone - but WoW is, of course, better than life.

I'm just saying, I could see how the voiceovers would seem gratuitous for those quests.

Have you even played the game yet? :/ Sounds like you're quoting a classic MMo stereo type. And you're just talking about the mechanics of a quest, does that have to do with the story? You realise Legend of Zelda, The Elder Scrolls, Metal Gear, Metroid, etc.. are all full of 'fetch quests' cleverly disguised as a story..? Hey, the Lord of the Rings is one big fetch quest.

I guess the entirety of English literature is, therefore, flawed, and a WoW clone - but WoW is, of course, better than life.

Dude I am 40. It starts out good, but it slowly devolves into that.

Edited by scrynen

Dude I am 40. It starts out good, but it slowly devolves into that.

Dubious. I've been to 45 twice in BETA as a smuggler and, no, it doesn't boil down to fetch quests. You obviously haven't been to Voss around that level, where it digresses into some pretty different stuff than the rest of the game's material. Yes, you've got the experience 'dude'.

"What's the Lord of the Rings about?

Oh, some dude goes 'hey can you drop a ring in a volcano?' Then they go and kill some stuff, fight some bosses, and drop the ring off. Its basically like a madlib for every other story ever."

Edited by Lu_Bei

Dubious. Troll. I've been to 45 twice in BETA as a smuggler and, no, it doesn't boil down to fetch quests. You obviously haven't been to Voss. Yes, you've got the experience 'dude'.

Oh, some dude goes 'hey can you drop a ring in a volcano?' Then they go and kill some stuff, fight some bosses, and drop the ring off. Its basically like a madlib for every other story ever."

Dude are you kidding me? There are so many freaking fetch quests it's ridiculous. So many Npcs that you talk to once to get the quest and once to turn it in and that's it.

Edited by scrynen

Dude are you kidding me? There are so many freaking fetch quests it's ridiculous. So many Npcs that you talk to once to get the quest and once to turn it in and that's it.

Again, you're referencing mechanics and not the story itself. And you're simply stating that you end up talking to the original quest giver twice. Why is that so horrible?

Edited by Lu_Bei

People complaining that the game has too much story, and people complaining that the game doesn't have enough story. The internet makes my brain hurt :(

Dubious. I've been to 45 twice in BETA as a smuggler and, no, it doesn't boil down to fetch quests. You obviously haven't been to Voss around that level, where it digresses into some pretty different stuff than the rest of the game's material. Yes, you've got the experience 'dude'.

Don't forget that Frodo gets epic loot. Purple 1h + BP. Saves his life.

Again, you're referencing mechanics and not the story itself. And you're simply stating that you end up talking to the original quest giver twice. Why is that so horrible?

The story goes nowhere, that's the point. You may get a little info on whats going on in the planet, but that's it.

People complaining that the game has too much story, and people complaining that the game doesn't have enough story. The internet makes my brain hurt :(

Somewhere out there, a BioWare employee tasked to read the forums is face palming with one hand, while pouring vodka into his coffee with the other. Poor guys.

The story goes nowhere, that's the point. You may get a little info on whats going on in the planet, but that's it.

Are you hoping that my brain is going to melt from an overdose of ambiguous phrasing?

Edited by Lu_Bei