Someone needs to organize the good pugs and solostars

General_Aldo

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two main reasons.

1. Too much work.

2. I don't have a lot of group rank experience, but would be interested in learning

It's a great idea and good initiative it probably needs a couple people to work together to organize. But it also has to be people that don't get pissy at a loses cause it's gonna happen but it's the only way to improve.

It's a great idea and good initiative it probably needs a couple people to work together to organize. But it also has to be people that don't get pissy at a loses cause it's gonna happen but it's the only way to improve.

I agree. Loses need to be expected for everyone.

We just need a few central leaders to step up. (for both factions) And someone who can invest in a central voice communication channel.

We queued up last night and only went against Scold's team. I think we played 3 or 4 matches. We had some good moments but they pretty much manhandled us. It was the first time our 2 DPS had played together so their coordination was severely lacking compared to Scold's team. I also made a few key mistakes as the healer. We still had a great time, though. GGs.

I have been trying to get other teams to queue against us for the past few days. Every time i try someone is either missing or not playing anymore.

Your in a guild for a reason, use the people you have online. It may be fact that your going to lose games but hey who cares. Midian has queued against Don't Panic the past few days. Our win loss is 9-29, we still queue almost everyday.

If you want ranked to come back, you have to make sacrifices. You can't expect to just say stuff on the forums hoping that people will do the job for you.

If anyone is interested in doing ranked against us please whisper me on my sniper (wiggels) or bobcow. We are always keen.

I have been trying to get other teams to queue against us for the past few days. Every time i try someone is either missing or not playing anymore.

Your in a guild for a reason, use the people you have online. It may be fact that your going to lose games but hey who cares. Midian has queued against Don't Panic the past few days. Our win loss is 9-29, we still queue almost everyday.

If you want ranked to come back, you have to make sacrifices. You can't expect to just say stuff on the forums hoping that people will do the job for you.

If anyone is interested in doing ranked against us please whisper me on my sniper (wiggels) or bobcow. We are always keen.

I don't think we'll be around tonight but I love you guys for queueing.

You still owe me that first win :D. I'am guessing wont be much ranked this weekend with the charity stream going on. However i did hear about some kickball ranked maybe happening?

Well, none of the 24hour streamers do group ranked on Bastion (shots fired, perhaps?) except Bob, so it's all up to him on whether he thinks his viewers wanna see some ranked thrown in the mix.

Edited by Morde_

It's been good getting back into ranked almost every night after having a few weeks off. Even had about 5 different teams queue up tonight so there's still plenty of people out there willing to put in the effort to make teams.

Well, none of the 24hour streamers do group ranked on Bastion (shots fired, perhaps?) except Bob, so it's all up to him on whether he thinks his viewers wanna see some ranked thrown in the mix.

We definitely have some ranked planned for the weekend, most likely some kickball teams really late Saturday night. Will probably be up for doing stupid comps as well just for a bit of fun, so hopefully it will be good viewing :)

It's been good getting back into ranked almost every night after having a few weeks off. Even had about 5 different teams queue up tonight so there's still plenty of people out there willing to put in the effort to make teams.

We definitely have some ranked planned for the weekend, most likely some kickball teams really late Saturday night. Will probably be up for doing stupid comps as well just for a bit of fun, so hopefully it will be good viewing :)

for stupid comps, I'll merc heal... or dps lol ;)

We need leaders who have a lot of experience in group rank and who have a great knowledge of this games mechanics.

A central mumble/ts/etc channel needs to be present to easily see who's on and organize them.

Listen, this game is at a state right now that if people just want to stick with guild vs guild group rank for bragging rights (we already know the good rank guilds and not good ones) then the group rank scene on The Bastion will die completely.

I know there are people who don't go on the server forums that are looking to do group rank. Guilds already have a seasoned team and aren't looking for new players right now.

Sparknotes version: We need multiple strong leaders and people to be their "lieutenants" in organizing everyone who wants to do Group Rank. This will require people to abandon their guild vs guild for a short period of time.

There are people who want to do Group Rank that don't visit the forums. There just needs to be a viable opportunity for them.

I know there have been battles on the forums recently with different people.

However, if we don't put aside our personal differences my forum "friends", then the group rank scene on The Bastion will continue to dwindle until there is nothing left.

I know over 1,700 people have viewed this thread, and it's a shame that not 1 person has offered their leadership to us.

* Yes, there have been people who have posted in this thread that can be the leader and organize everyone if they really wanted to.

The only problem with that is that most people who have posted are already in the elite exclusive PvP guilds in which they do ranked PvP with their guildies. And it's not easy to ask a random pug to lead ranked PvP because people won't listen to a "nobody". They want someone popular who they think will know everything about the classes and PvP. I'm all up for the ranked scene, but asking someone to lead pugs and solostars in ranked is like asking someone to lead 5 imp guilds at once. Why not combine everyone into a guild. Which is what some were stating before. All these guilds bragging 470+ players should be able to come up with at least a good 5 ranked groups nightly. But they don't. Even the guys who are decent that I see on nightly that are on for hours like I am only queue unranked.

Unfortunately the only reason I don't queue for solo ranked too much is because its a pain in the *** to wait 25 minutes for 1 pop. Just to end up getting obliterated by a premade group. I honestly think though that ranked is not what it should be in order to draw the crowds. Ranked should be without bolster so you only should join when you have at least full Conqueror. The reason is just so you are keeping the ones that will gimp your team out of the fight. Out of 8 players if one sucks, you can still win. Good luck winning 3v4 if you are going up a premade.

That being said there are only a few true ways to go about getting people together to do ranked more often:

1. More guilds need to run ranked PvP. Who gives a crap if you get stomped...everyone does until they pick up their class/own playstyle.

2. If you want to stay a pug and not be in a guild...you have to grind unranked until you find friends that are into the ranked scene. You have to perform good enough to have the good guys actually notice you. (Most can't look past their noses though). When you actually have friends that do ranked, then you might get invited to fill an open spot. Until then you are just a guy they will know.

3. Call it out on fleet. Back in the 8v8 ranked days people always called out setting up two teams to go head to head to farm comms. It's not a bad idea and it should be easier as it will be 4v4 only.

4. The last way to set up ranked for pugs. Quit being a pug. If you want friends to do ranked day and night with...join a guild. If you are schmuck that no one wants to play with, then it seems you dug your own grave. But seriously the best way to do ranked is to find a ranked group that you can be a regular on.

And for the record, message me via whisper or mail in game on any of the toons listed in my signature if you are interested in ranked PvP.

The only problem with that is that most people who have posted are already in the elite exclusive PvP guilds in which they do ranked PvP with their guildies. And it's not easy to ask a random pug to lead ranked PvP because people won't listen to a "nobody". They want someone popular who they think will know everything about the classes and PvP. I'm all up for the ranked scene, but asking someone to lead pugs and solostars in ranked is like asking someone to lead 5 imp guilds at once. Why not combine everyone into a guild. Which is what some were stating before. All these guilds bragging 470+ players should be able to come up with at least a good 5 ranked groups nightly. But they don't. Even the guys who are decent that I see on nightly that are on for hours like I am only queue unranked.

Unfortunately the only reason I don't queue for solo ranked too much is because its a pain in the *** to wait 25 minutes for 1 pop. Just to end up getting obliterated by a premade group. I honestly think though that ranked is not what it should be in order to draw the crowds. Ranked should be without bolster so you only should join when you have at least full Conqueror. The reason is just so you are keeping the ones that will gimp your team out of the fight. Out of 8 players if one sucks, you can still win. Good luck winning 3v4 if you are going up a premade.

That being said there are only a few true ways to go about getting people together to do ranked more often:

1. More guilds need to run ranked PvP. Who gives a crap if you get stomped...everyone does until they pick up their class/own playstyle.

2. If you want to stay a pug and not be in a guild...you have to grind unranked until you find friends that are into the ranked scene. You have to perform good enough to have the good guys actually notice you. (Most can't look past their noses though). When you actually have friends that do ranked, then you might get invited to fill an open spot. Until then you are just a guy they will know.

3. Call it out on fleet. Back in the 8v8 ranked days people always called out setting up two teams to go head to head to farm comms. It's not a bad idea and it should be easier as it will be 4v4 only.

4. The last way to set up ranked for pugs. Quit being a pug. If you want friends to do ranked day and night with...join a guild. If you are schmuck that no one wants to play with, then it seems you dug your own grave. But seriously the best way to do ranked is to find a ranked group that you can be a regular on.

And for the record, message me via whisper or mail in game on any of the toons listed in my signature if you are interested in ranked PvP.

In order for the Group Rank scene to revive, I was implying that people would need to step out of their guilds (gasp) temporary and everyone can join 1 mega guild and have 1 central voice comm channel.

Also, the leaders need to be people who have a lot of experience in group rank and who understand all classes and their place in group rank.

1 mega guild and 1 voice comm channel would appeal to a lot of people who are looking to get into the group rank scene.

* Obviously skill level will be taken into question, and not everyone will even qualify at the beginners level.

*** I'll say it again, Group Rank can be revived, it's not too late (it's getting close) however, someone(s) just need to step up and organize everyone with their vast knowledge of group rank.

People need to also drop the forum drama and look past their differences if they want Group Rank revived.

At the end of the day, even if MVP merged with DP (which they kind of already did) and merged with the few of my guildies who can do ranked merged with synergy merged with BOSS, that one mega guild would still have an A team and then some teams that couldn't quite beat that team.

Your best bet, bornstellar, is to become the best operative healer you can, or merc dps (that **** is very good, I've lost to DP by getting netted at ~60% hp and dropping to 0 within half a GCD because of how quickly they swapped), and joining a team of 3 good players that stand a chance versus the best teams.

The people you're trying to rally with this post aren't good enough to play ranked. You can play regs with people and try to make them better, but at the end of the day the only reason me and synergy put up a good fight versus the best guilds is because we got crushed by them many times before picking up on their overall strategy, their personal play styles, all the while working on our own.

Even after beating Breakfast and DP and even MVP once (ONCE...), I still didn't feel that much accomplishment with mediocre noobs telling me I'm not as good as I think I am on the forums. In battlefield 3 people would say I'm not as good as I think, and I would literally compare my KD ratio, my win/loss ratio, my accurcy, to theirs, and tell them in real numbers how much better I am than them. My vanguard is pretty high ranked in both solo and group, but what does that get me??? PvP is like... I don't wanna say subjective, but there's a lack of reward and sense of gratification from it.

TLDR: Consider working on your personal game and seeing if those teams I mentioned will try running with you, that's your personal best bet at playing in the ranked scene without queueing up with people who lack the experience needed to survive more than 45 seconds versus those teams.

Edited by PacifismActivist

At the end of the day, even if MVP merged with DP (which they kind of already did) and merged with the few of my guildies who can do ranked merged with synergy merged with BOSS, that one mega guild would still have an A team and then some teams that couldn't quite beat that team.

Your best bet, bornstellar, is to become the best operative healer you can, or merc dps (that **** is very good, I've lost to DP by getting netted at ~60% hp and dropping to 0 within half a GCD because of how quickly they swapped), and joining a team of 3 good players that stand a chance versus the best teams.

The people you're trying to rally with this post aren't good enough to play ranked. You can play regs with people and try to make them better, but at the end of the day the only reason me and synergy put up a good fight versus the best guilds is because we got crushed by them many times before picking up on their overall strategy, their personal play styles, all the while working on our own.

Even after beating Breakfast and DP and even MVP once (ONCE...), I still didn't feel that much accomplishment with mediocre noobs telling me I'm not as good as I think I am on the forums. In battlefield 3 people would say I'm not as good as I think, and I would literally compare my KD ratio, my win/loss ratio, my accurcy, to theirs, and tell them in real numbers how much better I am than them. My vanguard is pretty high ranked in both solo and group, but what does that get me??? PvP is like... I don't wanna say subjective, but there's a lack of reward and sense of gratification from it.

TLDR: Consider working on your personal game and seeing if those teams I mentioned will try running with you, that's your personal best bet at playing in the ranked scene without queueing up with people who lack the experience needed to survive more than 45 seconds versus those teams.

I think you're probably right that a majority of people that this post is trying to appeal to don't have the skill to play Group Rank (maybe they can learn by themselves or something).

The new objective should probably be the merging of all guilds who are interested in doing Group Rank. And each guild leader can meet together and form even teams that will allow for competitive play.

*However, I do know that there are a few good pugs and solostars out there they could be pretty decent in rank

I think you're probably right that a majority of people that this post is trying to appeal to don't have the skill to play Group Rank (maybe they can learn by themselves or something).

The new objective should probably be the merging of all guilds who are interested in doing Group Rank. And each guild leader can meet together and form even teams that will allow for competitive play.

*However, I do know that there are a few good pugs and solostars out there they could be pretty decent in rank

Again...it seems unrealistic. The only person that might work with happens to be me, since I'm probably quitting and so is Elizabeth, UNFORTUNATELY most of the people from sweatshop who play ranked aren't in sweatshop anymore or quit the game all together.

The best option would be cross server pops or server mergers which we all know won't happen, hence why I'm quitting. Free server transfers would be nice, I would check out pot5 on my mara or sorc, but that also won't happen because bioware wants my money and I'm done giving it to them.

sorry if I seem like a negative nancy. but what you wanna do is a desperate attempt to revive ranked that simply won't work with so few players in general, let alone ones that want and then that are ready to play ranked. There are a bunch of players that only do regs or solo that could be great in ranked, try to find them, they're usually in the guilds we've been talking about though (but I rarely or never see them in group)

Edited by PacifismActivist

Again...it seems unrealistic. The only person that might work with happens to be me, since I'm probably quitting and so is Elizabeth, UNFORTUNATELY most of the people from sweatshop who play ranked aren't in sweatshop anymore or quit the game all together.

The best option would be cross server pops or server mergers which we all know won't happen, hence why I'm quitting. Free server transfers would be nice, I would check out pot5 on my mara or sorc, but that also won't happen because bioware wants my money and I'm done giving it to them.

sorry if I seem like a negative nancy. but what you wanna do is a desperate attempt to revive ranked that simply won't work with so few players in general, let alone ones that want and then that are ready to play ranked. There are a bunch of players that only do regs or solo that could be great in ranked, try to find them, they're usually in the guilds we've been talking about though (but I rarely or never see them in group)

It's unrealistic with an attitude like that. :(

I do believe that if all the guilds who are currently doing group rank and those who are trying to do it joined together into 1 mega guild. Then the good pugs/solostars also join, there would be enough players to have competitive play that would involve a variety of players.

Don't quit and join me on this quest? :)

I am not 55 yet but think a few simple ideas is this,

1. There don't have to a leader, one voice can be be heard miles away. Alot of people in this game don't even read these forums, so to spread your idea use the general chat and mingle with people.

2. A voip these days least the good ones are free, raid call, dolby axon, hell even skype could work for rank.

3. Patience. Rome was not built in one day, it took years upon years.

Look don't lost faith on this idea, what needs to be done is scouting good players in reg games, tryouts for ranked teams, and make some friends.

A good attitude from people is the key, and sure not EVERYONE you meet will be a pro PVP player, but willing people is better than some smuck who thinks he is pro and treats people like dog ****.

My 2 pennies.

Edited by Makavelithug