The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Are coins ever on sale? (sorry if dumb question)

Geleco

I am pretty much brand new to the game, like a week and a half new (although I'm already level 48 because of no life). I tried googling about this but I must have not done very well because most of what I found was unsatisfactory. Are there ever sales on cartel coins? If so, do you think there will be one for Christmas? I am asking because I don't want to spend $40 this week and find out next week that I could have gotten the same amount for $20.

Yes I just came across that in google, I guess I won't bother waiting until christmas then if there's only ever been 1 sale in two entire years of this game. Pretty sad really.

They should really follow Turbine's example, or even Perfect World's - those companies are known for their promotions.

Still, the first time they've done it was only a little more than two weeks ago - so even if they are planning to hold them more frequently, you aren't likely to see another one before the year's over.

I have a feeling the last one was pretty successful, so it wouldn't surprise me to see them pop up from time to time.

Coins directly through SWTOR.com? Hardly ever, but if you keep your eyes open, Amazon, Best Buy, and Walmart have all had them discounted, just have to watch for it. Usually someone will post in General that a sale is on.:rak_03:

Quite right. Distributers have had sales of the coins. Amazon had a 50% off 2400cc for Black Friday as an example.