Anyone else kinda want a radar screen?

willfarlow

A little screen, top right, maybe, that shows the ships within, say, 5k km of you? Or even 3k km?

That little "map" just doesn't cut it, and I SURE don't need a little animated model of the ship I'm targeting...what the hell is that about?! So I can see the paint job on the player I'm trying to kill?! :confused:

You can see which way is the targetted enemy facing :)

Kinda helps while hunting gunships.

True, but I'd still like to know if, while I'm going after someone, someone is going after ME. Without losing my targeting. Can't really look over my shoulder too effectively, even with the whole "R" and "C" thing...:p

Yeah I aint gonna say no to that. In the other space shooter game I play(ed), there was a tiny little counter which told you how many ships are targetting you. It was somehow good to know. If you are in a 5v5 firefight and see that 5 enemies are locked on you, it might be time to get lost. :)

Some kind of 3D radar would also be good because the map is 100% useless. (and I really mean 100%, I don't remember ever looking at it)

But hell even if they do nothing, I am fine with the current HUD. Somehow can maintain myself using only the circular radar.

They just need to work on the minimap, maybe have it focus on just the area your sensors extend to. Right now it's too small because the thing is zoomed all the way out to encompass the whole map.

Agreement. Maybe if the map showed the whole area pre-launch, then zoomed down to just your sensor radius? That would be cool.