The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Middle-of-the-road gear

chibiseira

As seen here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=647222

There's demand for gear that isn't up to the neckline or higher, but isn't skimpy either. V-neck. No weird tummy plates or things dangling below the waist or whatever (yes, I know they fit the star wars theme, but there's a market for simple), maybe sleeves maybe not, maybe midriff showing maybe not, but somewhere middle ground. Please.

While I agree, the problem is the lack of definition in middle of the road.

I know this sounds odd, but what one culture might consider middle of the road might be interpretted by another as skimpy or possibly conservative. And in MMO's you get people from different cultures, each expecting their values to be there, and each forgetting that other cultures see things differently.

That said, I do feel something between the beachwear look and wearing twenty layers of clothing could easily be achieved. The star-wars equivalent of the Tshirt and Jeans look, light jacket optional.

The star-wars equivalent of the Tshirt and Jeans look, light jacket optional.

That about sums it up. For me, a V-neck without a necklace or collar of any sort. Could care less about sleeves. But I know there are many variations on this idea that would be appreciated.

For me... yep. That about covers it. Possibly a slightly deeper v, but the easiest coding fix would be just remove the t-shirt from, say, drelliad (concealed is a little too Lara Croft for me, though I could make it work I guess)... and that'd work for me. It's a little thing, but it'd be a change of pace I could really use and it's the one thing that just isn't in game right now. Some others have asked for just midriff... no preference either way on that personally.

I just think there's a demand for gear that isn't either very modest or very revealing. Aspiring knight is close but has leg dangles, covert even is close but can't be colored, Mira's has the necklace (seems there's some obsession with covering the neck, even with skimpier outfits, but anyway)... just looking to fill the gap.

Edited by chibiseira

For me... yep. That about covers it. Possibly a slightly deeper v, but the easiest coding fix would be just remove the t-shirt from, say, drelliad (concealed is a little too Lara Croft for me, though I could make it work I guess)... and that'd work for me. It's a little thing, but it'd be a change of pace I could really use and it's the one thing that just isn't in game right now. Some others have asked for just midriff... no preference either way on that personally.

I just think there's a demand for gear that isn't either very modest or very revealing. Aspiring knight is close but has leg dangles, covert even is close but can't be colored, Mira's has the necklace (seems there's some obsession with covering the neck, even with skimpier outfits, but anyway)... just looking to fill the gap.

When you say "there is a demand", that means absolutely nothing to me. Obviously you want it and a couple of people on this forum have asked for it, but I am pretty convinced there is a demand for gear that makes your character stark naked with all the naughty parts revealed. I would think you might agree that might take away from the Star Wars experience but then deep v-necks can lead to people complaining about too much or not enough cleavage.

I personally think that the demand for this is very small or many more posts would have been on this forum about it.

When you say "there is a demand", that means absolutely nothing to me. Obviously you want it and a couple of people on this forum have asked for it, but I am pretty convinced there is a demand for gear that makes your character stark naked with all the naughty parts revealed. I would think you might agree that might take away from the Star Wars experience but then deep v-necks can lead to people complaining about too much or not enough cleavage.

I personally think that the demand for this is very small or many more posts would have been on this forum about it.

Is there a reason you're taking a request so personally? :rolleyes:

There's no need to get so worked up about it.

I agree with OP, I would like some gear that is "classy sexy". Something that a normal woman would wear outside the house. Does anyone know someone who would wear the dancer outfits (unless they are in fact a paid exotic dancer)??

Closest I have found is Mira's outfit. You have some skin, but you don't have to look like you work nights.

Agree, OP, I don't think BW have much that caters to this look yet. There's a couple of reasonable ones that have bits hanging down below the waist - often those panels intended for skirts that look awful with trousers.