The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Top 10 most under-rated Force Users

LadyKulvax

This isn't about powerhouses, this is about who is most underrated. Who gets dissed the most despite their abilities. Kit Fisto, Agen Kolar, and Saesee Tiin match that description perfectly.

I do accept that these 3 are underestimated but their is some justification behind it; these 3 are not powerful individuals either.

However, Shaak Ti and Rahm Kota are better candidates since they have relatively superior showings then the TRIO (Fisto; Kolar; Tinn) but still not vouched for much in debates.

People tend to vouch for powerful individuals in debates, but some powerful ones are underestimated. These are the individuals which should make it to the list.

Edited by S_W_LeGenD

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fisto is most proficient in the use of Form I and this is why he was not in a good position to hold his own against Palpatine. Form I is most effective against multiple adversaries but not so much against masters of other Forms.

While true, Kit Fisto had mastered Shii-Cho to its highest levels, effectively transforming it into a proper dueling Form. There is also little evidence to suggest that he retained the weakness to single opponents. His engagement against Ventress was very circumstantial, and Sidious was far more powerful, and far more skilled than he was. Not to mention that he had speed blitzed the Mace and his entourage, which caught them all off guard.

I do accept that these 3 are underestimated but their is some justification behind it; these 3 are not powerful individuals either.

However, Shaak Ti and Rahm Kota are better candidates since they have relatively superior showings then the TRIO (Fisto; Kolar; Tinn) but still not vouched for much in debates.

People tend to vouch for powerful individuals in debates, but some powerful ones are underestimated. These are the individuals which should make it to the list.

You probably haven't noticed, but Shaak Ti made it on the Top 10 Jedi duelists thread that Beni made. I highly doubt that we underestimate her.

While true, Kit Fisto had mastered Shii-Cho to its highest levels, effectively transforming it into a proper dueling Form. There is also little evidence to suggest that he retained the weakness to single opponents. His engagement against Ventress was very circumstantial, and Sidious was far more powerful, and far more skilled than he was. Not to mention that he had speed blitzed the Mace and his entourage, which caught them all off guard.

You have a point but have Fisto ever struck down an opponent with great martial expertise?

You probably haven't noticed, but Shaak Ti made it on the Top 10 Jedi duelists thread that Beni made. I highly doubt that we underestimate her.

Ok. :p

But is she as much appreciated in the context of her Force abilities? She improved a lot during Rebellion era.

Edited by S_W_LeGenD

Umm... No?

All three were expert Blademen, Fisto's style was so exceptional he'd practically obliterated the weaknesses and brought them in as strengths.

Also, his style's ability to fend off multiple opponents is probably what kept him alive the longest, with Sidious' lightning speed, he's effectively 5 expert bladesmen :p

Kolar and Tin were also fantastic duelists, they are not to be underestimated.

I wouldnt put Ti much above them, it's only her style.

Oh, and Fisto actually created his own Aquatic version of Kinetite, yet all people focus on is "Lawlz palps."

Well, I'm sure we've all realised the problem here. These characters are "underrated" because certain individuals have certain views on their character that conflict with others - hence the current debate.

But regardless, I would nominate Traya, because I do feel she is grossly underestimated by many who regard her to be quite incapable of holding herself in a combat situation, which is hardly the case.

I would not nominate Vader, people may be in dispute about his speed and resistance to lightning. But arguments can be made there, a case is certainly to be had that Vader is slow and weak against lightning.

I think Malak is a good nomination, I think we'd all agree that he lives in Revan's shadow. In fact I'd nominate him for No #1 - having a big name like Vader for number one seems somewhat farcical by his very nature on the other hand.

And I would certainly not nominate Revan, a character who is underestimated does not have a cult following.

You have a point but have Fisto ever struck down an opponent with great martial expertise?

I see where this is going... If it is going in that direction, then I don't see a point in continuing.

Rayla, what is the point of this thread? What are the parameters for placement?

I see where this is going... If it is going in that direction, then I don't see a point in continuing.

Yeh, we need a little clarification...

Is it people we underestimate, or people everyone does? Underestimated by canon writers or us? do we need specific examples?

Umm... No?

All three were expert Blademen, Fisto's style was so exceptional he'd practically obliterated the weaknesses and brought them in as strengths.

Also, his style's ability to fend off multiple opponents is probably what kept him alive the longest, with Sidious' lightning speed, he's effectively 5 expert bladesmen :p

Kolar and Tin were also fantastic duelists, they are not to be underestimated.

I wouldnt put Ti much above them, it's only her style.

Oh, and Fisto actually created his own Aquatic version of Kinetite, yet all people focus on is "Lawlz palps."

Their is a difference between being powerful in the ways of the Force and being expert in martial arts.

Powerful individuals can be much more effective in combat situations (and even generally) then notable martial artists in the context of the Star Wars; Force abilities are a vital determinant in effectiveness of a Force-user.

But it is a valid point. We do not exactly know where Fisto stands in the matters of effectiveness, specially if pit against other notable individuals.

At-least Kolar have a showing by dismissing Vos. His nomination makes most sense from the TRIO.

I think Malak is a good nomination, I think we'd all agree that he lives in Revan's shadow. In fact I'd nominate him for No #1 - having a big name like Vader for number one seems somewhat farcical by his very nature on the other hand.

Second this.

Malak should make it to spot # 1 in this thread.

And I would certainly not nominate Revan, a character who is underestimated does not have a cult following.

Popularity does not translates to hype.

Characters can be famous irrespective of their power and capabilities.

Edited by S_W_LeGenD

Well, I'm sure we've all realised the problem here. These characters are "underrated" because certain individuals have certain views on their character that conflict with others - hence the current debate.

But regardless, I would nominate Traya, because I do feel she is grossly underestimated by many who regard her to be quite incapable of holding herself in a combat situation, which is hardly the case.

I would not nominate Vader, people may be in dispute about his speed and resistance to lightning. But arguments can be made there, a case is certainly to be had that Vader is slow and weak against lightning.

This guy right here ^.^

Only thing I dont agree with is Malak, he hasnt done Much incredible stuff, Very powerful, but he doesnt hold a flame to Revan. If he was to come up, people would still respect his power, but Revan grew a lot since he was a sith lord, and Even as a Sith, Malak could not take Revan down. Lets not forget how Revan took Malak down a few times before he gave in.

Their is a difference between being powerful in the ways of the Force and being expert in martial arts.

Powerful individuals can be much more effective in combat situations then pure martial artists in the context of the Star Wars, Force abilities are a vital determinant in effectiveness of a Force-user.

Exactly?

Underwater Kinetite dude, takes massive energy/power.

I think Plo Koon, Fisto, Traya, Ti, Sidious (Lol jokes,) and Sion are good places to start.

This guy right here ^.^

Only thing I dont agree with is Malak, he hasnt done Much incredible stuff, Very powerful, but he doesnt hold a flame to Revan. If he was to come up, people would still respect his power, but Revan grew a lot since he was a sith lord, and Even as a Sith, Malak could not take Revan down. Lets not forget how Revan took Malak down a few times before he gave in.

Malak is partially underrated, but that's probably because we don't talk about him.

I could post his BattleZone match next, I suppose. But first you goobers need to work on the current match. :p

Personally, I think it should be Fisto at the top, but Kolar is a good pick.
I don't feel like Fisto is underrated, most people understand just how powerful Sidious is and why therefore Fisto was defeated so easily. Yet Fisto is probably one of the more widely explored Jedi in Star Wars mythos, is renowned for his mastery over Shii-Cho and is generally considered good competition for all his contemporaries.

And given the coolness he exudes, I expect he has a fan following.

He is also a PT Jedi, which speaks volumes.

Oh and Query: when you say "Force Users" do you mean just in terms of the Force?

I don't feel like Fisto is underrated, most people understand just how powerful Sidious is and why therefore Fisto was defeated so easily. Yet Fisto is probably one of the more widely explored Jedi in Star Wars mythos, is renowned for his mastery over Shii-Cho and is generally considered good competition for all his contemporaries.

And given the coolness he exudes, I expect he has a fan following.

He is also a PT Jedi, which speaks volumes.

Oh and Query: when you say "Force Users" do you mean just in terms of the Force?

True. I guess I get tired of seeing people call him a suckmaster.

Exactly?

Underwater Kinetite dude, takes massive energy/power.

I think Plo Koon, Fisto, Traya, Ti, Sidious (Lol jokes,) and Sion are good places to start.

The TRIO does have some feats to their name (they are Force-users after-all), but not exactly powerful in the ways of the Force by mythos standards or in canon.

Edited by S_W_LeGenD

I propose the following, that we take aside certain members of the forums, and hold them up as examples of why these characters are underestimated.

For Malak, I nominate Sel - everyone look! Everyone look how she underestimates him! So foolish! So misinformed!

I kid, I kid. :D

No but really, Malak has some impressive showings. If he wasn't all that great Revan would never have adopted him as an apprentice and he would never have been the final boss and "big bad" of the game.

Indeed its quite obvious that Revan, despite regaining much of his power, was not yet strong enough to confront and defeat Malak onboard the Leviathan (despite Malak having no aid from the Star Forge) and in a desperate action Bastila gave herself up to let Revan and co. escape with their lives. Malak was also powerful enough to overshadow all over Sith within the Empire, including Darth Sion - who is very powerful in his own right.

I also expect that the Star Forge increased his overall power, and then let's not forget when Malak chokes out two Jedi without even engaging them - clearly attempting to convey that this man is very powerful.

And I also expect, that Revan found Malak very difficult to defeat on board the Star Forge. Drew certainly thinks so.

Altogether, this man is a Sith Lord. A Sith Lord. People all two often forget what that title means. It means he wields immense power, remembering this title was bestowed on him by the Sith Emperor himself.

Powerful individuals can be much more effective in combat situations (and even generally) then notable martial artists in the context of the Star Wars; Force abilities are a vital determinant in effectiveness of a Force-user.

Kit Fisto was a Jedi Consular, his specialty was Force Abilities.

He is both one of the most skilled swordsmen and most powerful Force Users in the Jedi Order.

No but really, Malak has some impressive showings. If he wasn't all that great Revan would never have adopted him as an apprentice and he would never have been the final boss and "big bad" of the game.

Indeed its quite obvious that Revan, despite regaining much of his power, was not yet strong enough to confront and defeat Malak onboard the Leviathan (despite Malak having no aid from the Star Forge) and in a desperate action Bastila gave herself up to let Revan and co. escape with their lives. Malak was also powerful enough to overshadow all over Sith within the Empire, including Darth Sion - who is very powerful in his own right.

I also expect that the Star Forge increased his overall power, and then let's not forget when Malak chokes out two Jedi without even engaging them - clearly attempting to convey that this man is very powerful.

And I also expect, that Revan found Malak very difficult to defeat on board the Star Forge. Drew certainly thinks so.

Altogether, this man is a Sith Lord. A Sith Lord. People all two often forget what that title means. It means he wields immense power, remembering this title was bestowed on him by the Sith Emperor himself.

Nicely put. :)

I propose the following, that we take aside certain members of the forums, and hold them up as examples of why these characters are underestimated.

For Malak, I nominate Sel - everyone look! Everyone look how she underestimates him! So foolish! So misinformed!

I kid, I kid. :D

Did you miss the point where I said he's obviously incredibly powerful?

My point was he doesn't come up in debates, and when he does it's usually in comparison to Revan. And against Revan, He's practically nothing.

To re-iterate, he's powerful, but we don't debate him often to even underestimate him in the first place :p

Kit Fisto was a Jedi Consular, his specialty was Force Abilities.

He is both one of the most skilled swordsmen and most powerful Force Users in the Jedi Order.

I am not implying that he is a weakling or something, he is renowned for some reasons but he is mostly noted for his martial expertise.

Their are many impressive Jedi of TOR era as well but they have not received much hype and/or under-appreciated. Nominating Fisto would do injustice to these Jedi.

Edited by S_W_LeGenD

How many of you use Plo Koon's Wookieepedia page to gauge his powers and abilities? Answer honestly. I won't bite.
I can't pretend to have a great deal of interest in Koon, nor does he appear frequently in vs debates.

So... I don't. :D

That said I can't pretend to be confident on knowledgeable of his abilities.