A Small Quality-of-Life Feature Request

NomineImperator

At the moment in Galactic Starfighter, I feel like missiles are a tiny touch overpowered for one simple reason: In heated dogfights, involving multiple ships, I have no way of knowing who is locking on to me. If I am not receiving damage from the person who is locking on to me, and there are multiple enemy ships around a satellite I am weaving in and out of, I have on way of knowing who it is that is trying to murder me. With this in mind, I would like to simply request a tiny measure to balance that field - I would like a hotkey for "Target Last Lock-On" or something similar to the "Target Last Damager" simply so that I can hit it and target whoever is locking on to me.

I find many enemies will often try to get a lock without even bothering to use blaster fire during very fast-paced fights in satellites or along asteriods. This doesn't bother me, it simply leaves a gap in my ability to target that is not covered by the current target-hotkeys.

Thanks!

Edited by NomineImperator

At the moment in Galactic Starfighter, I feel like missiles are a tiny touch overpowered for one simple reason: In heated dogfights, involving multiple ships, I have no way of knowing who is locking on to me. If I am not receiving damage from the person who is locking on to me, and there are multiple enemy ships around a satellite I am weaving in and out of, I have on way of knowing who it is that is trying to murder me. With this in mind, I would like to simply request a tiny measure to balance that field - I would like a hotkey for "Target Last Lock-On" or something similar to the "Target Last Damager" simply so that I can hit it and target whoever is locking on to me. Thank you!

I agree, it'd be nice if the "target last damager" included those who attempted to damage you with missiles.

Right now breaking a missile lock requires use of an ability when multiple enemies are in an area since it's almost impossible to break LOS when you can't tell what angle your attack is in (baring being in an obstacle heavy area where simply flying can cause you to break LOS.

I actually disagree with this, have better situational awareness or learn to better include LoS in your weaving while in a hornet's nest. I've never had much of a problem with this as I regularly weave in and out of obstacles specifically to break 3rd party lock on attempts even if no 3rd party is readily apparent just yet.

Sure, I get caught and shot down by those helping who I am currently gunning down, that is how it is SUPPOSED to work as they are being proper wingmen. Those who prefer to stick with missiles rather than blasters while helping are just being smart, trying to get a bead on you in a way you can't readily tell a direction.

As I said, learn to bob and weave better even if it costs you a perfect kill shot. At the end of the day your kill count matters not...only your team winning matters. I've won more than a few of my matches with the other team having a craptonne of kills yet our score doubled theirs. So I will always say, those worrying about personal kills are the same people who jeopardize their own team's chances at winning.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.