The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Some ideas to ponder.

Darth_Vandal

These may have been discussed already and maybe they haven't, but here are some of my ideas i think would take this great game to a higher level.

1. Tablet/smartphone support

2. Betting on PvP matches

3. Crafting

1. With the advancement of tablets in games i would love to see some support for this in SWTOR. I would love it if i had an app that tied to my account and let me manage crew skills (sending out people on missions, set up crafting, and excepting mission rewards.), also guild bank access, inventory access, ship cargo access, and GTN access from my tablet or smartphone. Then while I'm not able to be at home and in game, i could craft or check GTN sells from work, school, or anywhere else. Also this app could be just subscriber exclusive giving you (the game developers) more reasons for people to subscribe to the game.

2. I have always wanted to have this. This would be a great addition to the game. It even fits into the story of the hutts. You could make terminals on Nar Shaddaa and keep it strictly a hutt based thing. So you fly to Nar Shaddaa and access the terminals and the terminal displays the next pvp matches that are about to start, the participants on both sides, and what type of map. Then you could place your bet. I think this would add a new element to the game.

3. I would like to see crafting evolve a little bit more. Like cybertecs should have the ability to reverse engineer any of the mounts that are available in the game and then have the ability to learn to craft them. Also i think high level endgame mods, armorings, enhancements, ear pieces, ect should be able to be learned and craftable. just make the mats from them only excessable from the end game content i.e. Ops and HM FPs. That would make people want to do Ops and HM FPs even more so they could do crafting and it would let the raid groups that do these OPs every week that have gained all of the set pieces they can and have beaten the hardest levels available more reason to come back every week to spend their time, not gaining set pieces, but now having the opportunity to craft end game items and sell them on the GTN. This would also help out the players that aren't geared and aren't in a raid group to gain said gear. Then if they do have the chance to raid, they can at least have the opportunity to buy a piece or two to be more effective in the raid. Obviously the end game recipes for items would be difficult to obtain and the mats also, so this would make the supply and demand of these items be hard to get and valuable.

thanks for reading my ideas and feel free to comment how you will. I know some of these ideas might sound dumb to you and thats ok. You are free to have your opinions. I for one think these ideas would make the game even more addicting than it already is.

Thanks Hidago

BC server

These may have been discussed already and maybe they haven't, but here are some of my ideas i think would take this great game to a higher level.

1. Tablet/smartphone support

2. Betting on PvP matches

3. Crafting

<edited for brevity, but did read>

thanks for reading my ideas and feel free to comment how you will. I know some of these ideas might sound dumb to you and thats ok. You are free to have your opinions. I for one think these ideas would make the game even more addicting than it already is.

Thanks Hidago

BC server

Tablets and mobile phones don't have the processing power to support this game, well slight lie, some tablets do, but they are newer ones, and tend to cost a bit. The tablets that can process this game seem not to need anymore support, since the people with them say the game plays great on them.

Gambling on anything brings a whole host of legal on ethical problems, which EA have wisely decided to avoid wholesale. (ironic since they have made some seriously unwise choices elsewhere).

The Crafting Idea seems good, but they won't do it, otherwise they loose control of certain aspects of the game (armour, mods, etc). They want you to struggle to get these high end pieces, this is called playing, which at the end of the day is what a game is all about.

Edited by AlexDougherty

See i never understood that about gambling/betting on things. Gambling is escential to the Star Wars legacy. Without Gambling there would be no episodes 2-6 (now even ep 7-9). If Qui-gon didn't bet Watto on the pod race, then Anakin wouldnt have been set free. And the crazy thing about that is, Qui-gon was a Jedi. Jedi are suppose to be the highest of moral people. So to me gambling is in the very fabric of the Star Wars Legacy. So in conclusion, no betting/gambling there is no Star Wars.

So what is the difference from Qui-gon betting on a PvP match, and my character betting on a PvP match (i.e. Huttball)

So what is the difference from Qui-gon betting on a PvP match, and my character betting on a PvP match (i.e. Huttball)

Well Qui-gon is a fictional character who doesn't have to worry about the law, and your friend is real and does.

Don't get me wrong, I personally couldn't care if people are gambling, it's their money. And in my Highstreet there are two bookies (small town or it would be more), so preventing gambling online is a bit of a non-issue (except agewise) for me.

In regards to your post about the PS4 game running off a tablet, it probably comes down to how the game is coded, and while people suggest tablet apps for this game all the time, I doubt they will happen. Again not an issue for me, because I don't own either a tablet or a mobile phone, but I have no objections to apps for them in regards to this game.

There is no federal law against online gambling, (with the exception of sports betting). Some states have laws against online gambling, however most states are now enacting laws to make it legal (again with the exception of sports betting which violates the Wire Act).

So there is no legal reason to disallow players to bet on Huttball matches.

do you have to worry about the law if its not real money? I am suggesting using the in game credits, not real cash. So if the law is also against made up credits and gambling with them, does that suggest we should claim our credits on our taxes too? lol

The legal aspects of non-real money are rather complex, and there is no easy answer, apart from sometimes anti-gambling laws apply to it and sometimes they don't.

There is no federal law against online gambling, (with the exception of sports betting). Some states have laws against online gambling, however most states are now enacting laws to make it legal (again with the exception of sports betting which violates the Wire Act).

So there is no legal reason to disallow players to bet on Huttball matches.

Yes, but EA has to accommodate the laws from all countries and states that have players in them (people from outside the states play too (me for example)), and it's easier for them to blanket ban it, otherwise states/countries could prosecute EA for allowing online gambling by their residents.

Again I personally don't have any problem with gambling, and it allow EA to bring Pazaak into the game, which I used to love. But I am aware of the complex (rather than complicated) legal situation. (actually it's both complex and complicated, but lets not go there)

I SO love the idea of betting on PvP matches. And since when is it illegal anywhere to gamble imaginary money? Does that even count as gambling?

I initially had the idea of a holotank that would allow the participants to watch the PvP match, but that could be exploited by using voice chat and telling your friends what the other side is doing as they are playing. Perhaps allow the gamblers to watch the match with a 2-3 minute delay, so any information they glean will be useless to the actual participants in the match?

Excellent idea, OP! :)