Odd stuff

Salakast

After a couple of weeks of everything appearing to be working fine, noticed some strange stuff in the last couple of days.

Couple of times I've had ships targeted but no targeting circle displayed, some very 'jumpy' ships moving very erratically (increase in lag??), and some guy who was invulnerable (hit him with 5-6 missile volleys with no discernible effect, at end of game he had no deaths/damage at all).

This all seems to have been since the AMD update, anyone else noticed squify stuff since then? :rak_02:

Ta

I, personally, haven't noticed any of this. It may have to do with your (or the other players') latency and how good their internet connection is.

The "jumping erratically" ship thing I've seen happen once. I asked the player afterwards if they had a good internet connection, and they said that they didn't. So that is probably why that thing happens.

As for the invincible ship, it is probably either hacks (I doubt it) or latency issues again causing it too look like the ship is there, when it is actually somewhere else.

Interesting...I haven't had the "invulnerable ship" thing, but I HAVE seen the "jumpy ship" thing. So there's a possibility that a poor internet connection actually makes them hard to target?

Well THAT'S a little ironic.

I think that work in the opposite way as well. This player isn't able to see your real position and can't touch you. This explain why there is no death/damage. What they should do is attacking turrets x) But not sure the damage will be done.

I think that work in the opposite way as well. This player isn't able to see your real position and can't touch you. This explain why there is no death/damage. What they should do is attacking turrets x) But not sure the damage will be done.

I think you're right on this, it went on a while before I got fed up with it and went after someone else, and I recall my shields were pretty much ok too. Maybe just some players with more lag I've not come up against before rather than the update.

Just have to recognise when the fella you're dogfighting can't hit you and vice-versa to stop pointlessly flying around each other to no end ;)