Question about Gore and Overcapped Accuracy

TheCasT

I have a question regarding overcapping accuracy and gore. As we all know, accuracy %s over 100 will ignore the targets defense. I am wondering, however, if gore essentially reduces the usefulness of overcapping your accuracy. Since Gore is 100% armor penetration and will undoubtedly be up for our most damaging attacks, what does this mean for overcapping accuracy? Is it still worth it to do? Other forums and other posts on here have stressed that our main secondary stat priority is to get accuracy to 110%. I'm wondering if doing so is worth foregoing possible other stats when theoretically we will have gore up most of the time anyway. I'm also assuming that gore and the effect of overcapping accuracy work the same way, but I'm not 100% sure on this either so feel free to yell at me if my assumption is wrong. Of course getting your accuracy over cap will increase the accuracy of your offhand weapon as well (as there is a 33% accuracy penalty on your offhand weapon), but off-hand weapon damage is nothing amazing anyway. Anyway, would appreciate some insight on this! Thanks in advance.

Defense != Armor Pen

Defense is the enemy's chance to dodge/parry/deflect/resist your abilities.

Accuracy over 100% is essentially WoW's Expertise stat, lowering the target's chance to parry/deflect/etc.

It's currently being theorized that there's about a 10% defense chance on most, if not all, mobs, therefore you want to reach about 110% accuracy so your specials (which have an innate 100% accuracy) will not be parried. It's explained a bit more in depth in my guide.

Edited by Kibaken