BUG - falling/drifting sensation

MacFlow

Hello everyone

I'll try to explain what my problem is. Maybe someone has the same issues and/or can help me. I hope everyone can understand what I mean even with my limited vocabulary.

Since I started playing galactic starfighter I often have the problem that my ship drifts in 1 direction. When i spawn everything is normal but after a short time the ship apears to fly in 1 direction and i always have to fly against it so i don't crash into the environment. Actualy it's not like the ship is drifting/falling but everything else is moving (the station etc.). I can still press the stop button (x) and stop my ship, but I will move at the same time since everything is getting closer to me. At least it looks like i'm moving. It's not always the same direction. Sometimes I'm falling (down), other times to the right or left.

Also the engine fire does not come out of the engine as it should. It's pointing in the oposite way as where I'm falling and goes through the engines. The problem is gone again after I die but reappears sooner or later.

This drifting/falling makes it nearly unplayable or just realy hard. I've tried to find a nother post about it but so far I havent found anything. Does anyone else have the same problem?

Besides from that I don't have any problems at all.

I haven't un/reinstalled the game jet. Not sure if that could help.

Thx for reading

Have a nice day.

Edited by MacFlow

Holding down shift and some keys that I don't remember lets you strafe in a direction very slowly. It does not default back to not-strafing when you stop pressing shift. It is really easy to hit shift accidentally while in a fight and end up strafing some random direction the rest of the fight.

If you go into Preferences and edit the starfighter keybindings, you can take it out entirely.

Holding down shift and some keys that I don't remember lets you strafe in a direction very slowly. It does not default back to not-strafing when you stop pressing shift. It is really easy to hit shift accidentally while in a fight and end up strafing some random direction the rest of the fight.

If you go into Preferences and edit the starfighter keybindings, you can take it out entirely.

Awesome! That could be it. Thanks a lot! :-)