A strike build

tunewalker

http://dulfy.net/2013/11/16/swtor-galactic-starfighter/?link=dGEAAAESAgcAAAYB7AP0AfIC4ALQAeAA4ALgAuA=

Was wondering peoples thoughts on this build, Its not meant to live forever just long enough to cause frustration for the enemy and deal some good damage from a range. Is able to have hull damage reduction up for a long time with the combination of the Charged plating and Nulify.

While vulnerable to Gunships most other ships able to pick up armor pen and actually DO SO seem pretty rare.

You're pretty much already pointed out the biggest flaw. This ship would be Gunship fodder. I have yet to see a person give a good review on tests of charged armor. Mostly because it really doesn't give any advantages over a quick charge shield would in instant restore, or a directional shield would in raw defensive power. I think we often underestimate how much damage we really take to our shields. 40% of damage taken going to your hull adds up awfully quick. You would probably be wiser to get Hydro spanner instead of Nullify since once you take that damage it isn't coming off.

This ship would also be pretty much uniquely unsuited to taking out turrets, sort of in the same way that a strike with directional shields is very suited to it.

You're pretty much already pointed out the biggest flaw. This ship would be Gunship fodder. I have yet to see a person give a good review on tests of charged armor. Mostly because it really doesn't give any advantages over a quick charge shield would in instant restore, or a directional shield would in raw defensive power. I think we often underestimate how much damage we really take to our shields. 40% of damage taken going to your hull adds up awfully quick. You would probably be wiser to get Hydro spanner instead of Nullify since once you take that damage it isn't coming off.

This ship would also be pretty much uniquely unsuited to taking out turrets, sort of in the same way that a strike with directional shields is very suited to it.

The thought was to counter power house scouts on my server that use Distortion shields and Blaster Overcharge and can blow through a directional shield+hull in under 3 seconds, this is the only thing I could see when using its CD that could survive the duration of Blaster Overcharge. Its clearly not meant to live for ever just meant to take a little while to take down.

Gunships are less of a problem on my server at least when you are playing on the Pub side, but ya like I said it would very much be Gunship Fodder. Though I am interested in why you think its unsuited to take out turrets it has all kinds of Armor Pen and the turrets don't armor pen so can very much reduce the damage those turrets do while mostly taking them out farther away then they can shoot.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.