The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

This, I want it

Rulak

A variation of that armour would be lovely, a few tweeks to distance it from the future (from this games perspective) and it would work great.

But Darth Vaders outfit would be silly.

The tech in the starwars movies looks wayy outdated compared to the tech in this game. I think that this game should be called the New Republic, but whatever. This game feels like it's set AFTER the movies.

The tech in the starwars movies looks wayy outdated compared to the tech in this game. I think that this game should be called the New Republic, but whatever. This game feels like it's set AFTER the movies.

The films are hampered by the fact they started in the seventies, when they had limited capacity for props (which is why all space films had guns similar to Hans in them), and once the look had been established it had to be maintained. Which is why the outfits and weapons change so little, despite vast improvements in props and film techniques. Please note I'm not saying that there were no improvements, just that they were limited by the theme set in the first film.

Meanwhile the games, comics and books were completely unrestricted in their looks, which could be developed as much as the artist/author desired. These developed a very particular subset of the Starwars look, especially the outfits for Sith, Jedi and Mandaloreans, some of these were especially outlandish and resulted in the original endgame outfits in this game.

Which is why the tech in the games looks more advanced than some of the tech in the films.

• 2 weeks later...
I would love to see all the force unleashed clothing, guys this is fantasy doesn't have to be because it was created in a comic, book, or movie we can't have it now. heck look at all the lightsabers they look the same in old republic and in all the KOTOR games as they do in recent stuff. Not only that look at a lot of the clothing in game looks like clone trooper helmets, cad bane's head gear in BHA retailer

The films are hampered by the fact they started in the seventies, when they had limited capacity for props (which is why all space films had guns similar to Hans in them), and once the look had been established it had to be maintained. Which is why the outfits and weapons change so little, despite vast improvements in props and film techniques. Please note I'm not saying that there were no improvements, just that they were limited by the theme set in the first film.

Yet, these limitations contributed to the atmosphere. I still prefer Mos Eisly in its originally, pre-enhanced form. It looks dirty, empty, and like there ain't sh*t to do. I never really appreciated the CGI they later added to it. I do like the moving dewback lizards though.

In I, II and III Lucas attempted (and succeeded) in moving towards the Empire technology of IV, V and VI (which were made one and a half decade earlier). We can see small Star Destroyers, and the Clone Troopers unirmorms are like a bridge between Fett's mandalorian suite and the classical Stormtroopers uniform.

I think it's not a problem the game universe is more developed: it's a fallacy to think technology is ever advancing along a straight line. Civilizations decay too. Btw I think the game resembles the movies in mant respects, while it logically should feature technology and fashion that would only remotely resemble those of the movies, but then it would lack the Star Wars sensation. So, that is the game crerators' limitation.

What I find less appealing is that e.g. the ancient Rakata war droids are virtually the same generic models they use for empire and republic droids, while the Rakata are a lost civilization which existence isn't even commonly accepted by historians. They should have made some completely different models for the Rakata stuff.

Yet, these limitations contributed to the atmosphere. I still prefer Mos Eisly in its originally, pre-enhanced form. It looks dirty, empty, and like there ain't sh*t to do. I never really appreciated the CGI they later added to it. I do like the moving dewback lizards though.

In I, II and III Lucas attempted (and succeeded) in moving towards the Empire technology of IV, V and VI (which were made one and a half decade earlier). We can see small Star Destroyers, and the Clone Troopers unirmorms are like a bridge between Fett's mandalorian suite and the classical Stormtroopers uniform.

I think it's not a problem the game universe is more developed: it's a fallacy to think technology is ever advancing along a straight line. Civilizations decay too. Btw I think the game resembles the movies in mant respects, while it logically should feature technology and fashion that would only remotely resemble those of the movies, but then it would lack the Star Wars sensation. So, that is the game crerators' limitation.

What I find less appealing is that e.g. the ancient Rakata war droids are virtually the same generic models they use for empire and republic droids, while the Rakata are a lost civilization which existence isn't even commonly accepted by historians. They should have made some completely different models for the Rakata stuff.

Yes, the films' original look did have significant merits, and improvements in how they create films does not necessarily translate into better films, or even better looking films. Limitations frequently focus people in one direction, and they can then polish the look as best they can, while a lack of limitations can lead to people just creating shiny things.

But those same limitations fixed the look and technology for the films, while science and technology moved on, meaning the original fims (especially pre-digital) look both great and aged at the same time, while the newer films look more modern but have a weaker look (although some will disagree).

A point in case is Han's blaster, which was a slightly modified version of the same gun used in Buck Rogers, Battlestar Galactic (original version) and Battle for the Stars. It is a big gun with a strong look (based loosely on a German pistol), but it would look old fashioned in a new movie, yet it is almost certain the new Star Wars film will have it in it.

I'm not criticising how the film's look, but I am criticing them, which is to say looking at that element dispassionately, and disecting what went into it. I personally feel, that if they could take some elements and incorporate them, while updating others, then the new film will look amazing (and hopefully the script will match).

(and hopefully the script will match).

The script / storyline is my biggest fear: that it will be along the lines of the sci-fi action movies that have been made in recent years. all of which I found utterly non-interesting. I hope Disney won't screw up the franchise. but even Lucas himself is not immune to that. Some things in the I-II-III trilogy's storyline could/should have been different (at the same time, there were many new cool additions to the SW universe).

Btw isn't there already a vast 'canon' storyline after RotJ, in comic strips and books? It would really suck if they'd break with that, but it would also not be incredibly interesting if they just turn that storyline into movies.

Edited by Orlogg

The script / storyline is my biggest fear: that it will be along the lines of the sci-fi action movies that have been made in recent years. all of which I found utterly non-interesting. I hope Disney won't screw up the franchise. but even Lucas himself is not immune to that. Some things in the I-II-III trilogy's storyline could/should have been different (at the same time, there were many new cool additions to the SW universe).

Btw isn't there already a vast 'canon' storyline after RotJ, in comic strips and books? It would really suck if they'd break with that, but it would also not be incredibly interesting if they just turn that storyline into movies.

Yes, Lucas did royally mess up with the prequel trilogy, but elements of it were good.

And yes there is a vast rich canon stroyline after ROTJ that quite a lot of us are going to miss (since it will become non-canon overnight):(

Also just realised there is no "SAD" emote, just a frown, we need a sad emote (with a single tear)

I don't see how it would factor lore wise (being that it is non-canon and from the future)

It doesn't need to be associated with the character wearing it, we just want the outfit or something like it, since it looks quite appropriate for a war setting, it could be called anything like "Foot Soldiers Gear" for example.