The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

New Races

Inafinus

This has been brought up numerous times and I'm pretty sure many people have suggested the ones I'm about to list but I guess it's worth a shot.

Possible New Races:

Zeltron

Echani

Arkanian

Togruta (Mentioned countless times in other posts)

Chagrian

Nautolan

Balosar

I'm not saying that ALL of these should be added but it wouldn't hurt to throw more customization options at us...

Echani and Zeltron are races that I'm really hoping to be added though.

Let's be honest here, the Cathar race was not needed. If I wanted to look like one of the thunder cats I would play a different game. But I will say it was a step in the right direction. Bioware, you have tested out what happens when you add a new species, so now let's see one that the fans want. I personally want togruta along with countless others. I would definitely pay cartel coins for that species. :cool:

I agree with you all. More races are definitely needed. As a player that currently has 22 toons, I need MORE races, even the simplest of races that are even shown in the background of the game. Here is my personal quick little list..

- Togruta

- Ithorian

- Rodian

- Devaronian

- Duro

- Sullustan

- Trandoshan

I agree with you all. More races are definitely needed. As a player that currently has 22 toons, I need MORE races, even the simplest of races that are even shown in the background of the game. Here is my personal quick little list..

- Togruta

- Ithorian

- Rodian

- Devaronian

- Duro

- Sullustan

- Trandoshan

They can't add any of those except Davaronian and Togruta due to class story complications, unfortunately. Class story/Animations prevent such races to be added... (Should've added Devaronian in my post, models are in there.)

• 1 month later...
Add Falleen as a race. I would certainly purchase it.

What is it people don't get about this? There will never be a playable race that is not essentially human looking. Since we already have a romanceable Togruta (just as we had a romanceable Cathar before they were added), I would expect Torgruta to be added eventually. But no lizard men. This ain't SWG.

What is it people don't get about this? There will never be a playable race that is not essentially human looking. Since we already have a romanceable Togruta (just as we had a romanceable Cathar before they were added), I would expect Torgruta to be added eventually. But no lizard men. This ain't SWG.

And what is not "human looking" about Falleen? They stand roughly 1.4 to 1.6 meters tall (a little on the short side, but not terribly so, and they speak basic (which is probably a bigger deal; why we'll never see a playable wookiee).

I am not saying I agree that Falleen should added, just saying that your argument against them is flawed.

And what is not "human looking" about Falleen? They stand roughly 1.4 to 1.6 meters tall (a little on the short side, but not terribly so, and they speak basic (which is probably a bigger deal; why we'll never see a playable wookiee).

I am not saying I agree that Falleen should added, just saying that your argument against them is flawed.

They are lizardmen. My argument is anything but flawed. All playable races look mammalian (even if the universe says they aren't). They do not look like anything that would pass the alleged "Princess Leia" test.

Add Falleen as a race. I would certainly purchase it.

I google image searched Falleen and they look pretty humanoid. About as many facial appendages and ridges as say a Sith Pureblood.

I think they could be doable and a lot more interesting than say... an Echani - which is essentially an albino human visually.

Edited by kimdante

I google image searched Falleen and they look pretty humanoid. About as many facial appendages and ridges as say a Sith Pureblood.

I think they could be doable and a lot more interesting than say... an Echani - which is essentially an albino human visually.

You insult me... Echani are the master race of all. >:E

(In all seriousness, adding Echani might allow for BioWare Austin to throw in more facial features/complexions... Also, you can't make a Human look like an Echani because of the eyebrows... Can't change the color on 'em, breaks my precious immersion.)

I'd vote for:

Omwati (light-to-medium blue skin, iridescent white/pink feather-like hair); Togruta (white face tattoo designs in various styles, various skin colors, and various colors in various patterns on white montrals and head-tails); Arkanian Off-Shoot (like Jarael); Pantoran (turquoise blue skin, lilac/white/pale pink/aqua hair, yellow/white face tattoo designs); and Zeltron (medium-to-dark purple hair, hot pink/magenta/red skin) - as ideas for new playable (and mostly clip-problem free) species.

Also Nautolan (as many would like to also play as it) - regardless of clipping problems.

I have no idea what that is (Shadows of the Empire; .

Shadows of the Empire is a novel written by Steve Perry. It takes place between the films The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. It was part of the Shadows of the Empire multimedia project.

In the novel Prince Xizor, a Falleen seduces Leia by using his Falleen pheromones.

Here's part of that scene that appears in the comic book version of the story

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j480/CWAAlliance/sw/kiss.png