How to use rotational thrusters correctly for gunship

tintin_milou

The correct way to use rotational thrusters on a gunship is to equip barrel roll instead.
:D when you're right you're right! Expert pilots may get some leverage out of Interdiction Drive but at the cost of your 2nd missile defeat ability.

My problem with rotational thrusters... is that they are limited by your own turning speed. So by the time you are actually facing your opponent they are usually already flying past you. I would love to have this as a useful quick-turn in combination with burst lasers, but it just really doesn't turn quickly enough to make it useful. Maybe I'll change my opinion once I have enough spare requisition to upgrade it.

Rotational thrusters are nice if you're being attacked and want to turn around to the attacker so that you can properly dogfight them. Gunships are at a disadvantage in most dogfights anyway, so your best bet in that situation is to get away, and barrel roll is one of the best ways to do it (since it includes a boost away from your location). It's also handy to avoid a missile lock since missiles are harder for gunships to evade due to the ship's slowness compared to other ships.

You can also (pre) charge your railgun and then hit rotational thrusters to face your target and then release. Good way to use them in a "dogfight" is guesstimate when the opponent is turning around to face you and is coming in a straight path towards your ship. Edited by paowee