Make two queues for pvp, solo queus and team queues. Don't mix and match either.

Jarvus

True that!

The premades hinder all new players advance of gear and skills due to thier bullying. Open up the WZ for equal players instead and remove the bullying Premades to thier own WZ called - ranked WZ.

That how does one hinder another's progression in an MMO? If you hit level 55 and it's your first character you shouldn't be expecting to step right into max level and have an impact. Now if the fresh 55 has all his augments ready (you should) has collected all datacrons (you should) has maxed affection on all companions (you should) and has maxed out commendations (you should) and has checked out the forums here (yes they do provide good informations...and you should) then they would have a grasp on how bolster works and they would probably be stepping into PvP with decent stats and not at 24-25k hp (which I ran into several last night when I was solo queuing on my pyro merc).

My recurring theme here is player accountability and not blaming ones short comings on individuals who know how this game or MMO"s in generals work.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That how does one hinder another's progression in an MMO? If you hit level 55 and it's your first character you shouldn't be expecting to step right into max level and have an impact. Now if the fresh 55 has all his augments ready (you should) has collected all datacrons (you should) has maxed affection on all companions (you should) and has maxed out commendations (you should) and has checked out the forums here (yes they do provide good informations...and you should) then they would have a grasp on how bolster works and they would probably be stepping into PvP with decent stats and not at 24-25k hp (which I ran into several last night when I was solo queuing on my pyro merc).

My recurring theme here is player accountability and not blaming ones short comings on individuals who know how this game or MMO"s in generals work.

If u lose ALL WZs in regular as PUG due to getting stomped by premades (who dont need more medals or comms) your character progress is hampered and slowed down ALOT!

Sorry Cycao but you are talking "in an ideal world", the majority of people who are fresh to 55 think they are the best thing since sliced bread and can't wait to get into a WZ to see how uber they are. Some people would call these players "bads" but I would call them in-experienced.

As a geared player if you find yourself as the only 31k+ health player in a team of 8 with the rest having 27k or less and you can see you are up against a premade (even a 4 man) it can be pretty depressing. And yes you could say well get a group yourself but that wouldn't really of helped the 7 other poor lost soles on my team.

Being in a team like the above against a premade a couple of times a night is not really an issue (as I have no issues with losing) but being in similar teams for match after match after match, because a couple of pvp guilds are queuing 4 man teams can get very stale fast.

Sorry Cycao but you are talking "in an ideal world", the majority of people who are fresh to 55 think they are the best thing since sliced bread and can't wait to get into a WZ to see how uber they are. Some people would call these players "bads" but I would call them in-experienced.

As a geared player if you find yourself as the only 31k+ health player in a team of 8 with the rest having 27k or less and you can see you are up against a premade (even a 4 man) it can be pretty depressing. And yes you could say well get a group yourself but that wouldn't really of helped the 7 other poor lost soles on my team.

Being in a team like the above against a premade a couple of times a night is not really an issue (as I have no issues with losing) but being in similar teams for match after match after match, because a couple of pvp guilds are queuing 4 man teams can get very stale fast.

Yeah I get that but I don't blame the premade for my team filled with players who're totally lacking and are hurting themselves more than anything. Heck just the other day on numerous occasions I was getting 24k geared players when I was pugging. No augments and some were still wearing recruit gear so their expertise was topping off at like 1400 and when I send them a tell saying they're gear is wrong I just get told to piss off.

Sometimes you're going to have nights where it seems everything is going against you but I don't experience this day in and day out. Best bet when I get paired with a bunch of players who clearly are not ready for level 55 warzones or keep facing the same team I just wait a bit before queuing again since you can keep an eye on who's in what warzones you can help avoid certain groups/guilds who're queuing up. Or simply finish your daily and hop on another toon or something.

So, the people willing to work together are the problem? But the people not willing to work together aren't the problem?

BTW, I don't group play. I either solo, or duo with my husband. We've seen our fair share of organized pugs, disorganized premades, pugs that want to solo, premades that want to solo, etc... Yes, more pugs will want to solo than premades, but those types of people would be solo'ing in a premade anyway, so it isn't premades fault that pugs lose.

As someone who predominantly premades, I agree they should be separated. I don't mind slightly longer queue times if it means more competitive games.

Back when there were ranked 8v8s I stopped queuing regs altogether. The only reason I even queue regs now is for the daily/weekly, and to actually play WZs (<3 huttball) instead of arenas. And the overwhelming majority of the time it is a lopsided stomp, unless we run into an opposing premade when things actually get fun.

Even WoW has kept premades/pugs separated in BGs for years now.

P.S. Bring back ranked 8v8 too please!

As someone who predominantly premades, I agree they should be separated. I don't mind slightly longer queue times if it means more competitive games.

Back when there were ranked 8v8s I stopped queuing regs altogether. The only reason I even queue regs now is for the daily/weekly, and to actually play WZs (<3 huttball) instead of arenas. And the overwhelming majority of the time it is a lopsided stomp, unless we run into an opposing premade when things actually get fun.

Even WoW has kept premades/pugs separated in BGs for years now.

P.S. Bring back ranked 8v8 too please!

A true PvPer that shares his (her?) side of the story! This is what im talking about! Pvp has become boring endless PUG stomping even for the premades.

Sorry but I have to disagree, a fresh lvl 55 who has just managed to save enough comms for a few pvp pieces won't get many group invites for pvp and needs to grind "somehow" the gear to be competitive.

Its not fair on this player to be teamed against a premade, and its also not fair on his team mates who may have good gear already to be teamed with someone who will struggle to contribute to the team no matter how good a player they may be.

Nope. I solo queued for a couple of warzones about a week ago on a healer I hadn't touched for months. When I say her gear is absolute garbage, I mean it. I think she maybe had 1-2 pieces of Conq, the rest of it was absolute PvE garbage gear. Warzone 1, 900k+ heals. Warzone 2, 1mil. Would you say I was competitive?

Standard TOR faire, here.

I do like how in the recent expertise change they made premades kill you faster. Ebon Hawk has more carebear teams in unranked than ranked teams, by far.

Standard response: QQ no one signs up....Huh. Wonder why no one signs up. May be they're busy doing something else.

Edited by Stanimir

Yeah I get that but I don't blame the premade for my team filled with players who're totally lacking and are hurting themselves more than anything. Heck just the other day on numerous occasions I was getting 24k geared players when I was pugging. No augments and some were still wearing recruit gear so their expertise was topping off at like 1400 and when I send them a tell saying they're gear is wrong I just get told to piss off.

Sometimes you're going to have nights where it seems everything is going against you but I don't experience this day in and day out. Best bet when I get paired with a bunch of players who clearly are not ready for level 55 warzones or keep facing the same team I just wait a bit before queuing again since you can keep an eye on who's in what warzones you can help avoid certain groups/guilds who're queuing up. Or simply finish your daily and hop on another toon or something.

I also don't blame people for wanting to queue with friends or the 4 man premades for wanting to practice or get their comms, or just have fun, all of this should be possible and encouraged.

To encourage new players to join in with this fun however they need to have an environment where they can practise and learn against similar geared/skilled players and grinding them into the ground is counter productive to encouraging new pvp players.

I would favour a solo only button that allows new players to opt out of playing against groups.

Nope. I solo queued for a couple of warzones about a week ago on a healer I hadn't touched for months. When I say her gear is absolute garbage, I mean it. I think she maybe had 1-2 pieces of Conq, the rest of it was absolute PvE garbage gear. Warzone 1, 900k+ heals. Warzone 2, 1mil. Would you say I was competitive?

by the sound of it you were very competitive, and I am sure that you are not the only one who has been competitive on a fresh lvl 55. My point was that most (and I can only back this up with my own experiences) would not be as competitive when teamed against a 4 or 8 man premade where most likely they all have full 67 augmented gear and the right tank/healer/dps combo.

A solo only button would allow those not "ready" for a premade encounter to opt out, which would also have the knock on effect that those who are ready to face a premade and have the gear, will hopefully be teamed with similar geared solo people, thus segregating the players. If this effects queue times then every one still has the option to NOT toggle on the Solo only button which means queues would be exactly the same as now.