Warzone Planet for Faction Battles

Saito_Hiraga

Here's a crazy suggestion that has recently being running on my head.

I cant decide if call this idea "PVP Planet", "Warzone Planet" or "Faction Battles" but its about the possibility to add an entire planet designed for Faction vs Faction and PVP action.

Since its meant to be a massive scale warzone I was thinking on a planet where the Republic and the Empire are actually fighting for its control. We have heard like a thousand times during conversations, quests and some other places about Republic and Empire battles on planet ("Planet name here") where the ("Faction name here") is getting owned by the other, so a planet where an actual battle between factions is taking place could help players to get lots of actual front line PVP action against players on the other faction with the opportunity to get some new commendations, reputation or any other way to get titles, new gear and cool stuff.

I was thinking it could work as an actual competence for the control of the planet, like a massive Daily Warzone, with the following features:

• A Command Center for each faction:
    Where you arrive with your ship and where you can get supplies and stuff, with the main medical bay and all the other basic needings for the game, maybe with a GTN station too.

• Capturable little towns, medical centers, bunkers and other outposts:
    To capture them a faccion must eliminate the guardian NPCs (possibly guarded by champion NPCs so players must come with a team to stand a chance aganist them) and players protecting them, then hold the possition for a minute or two, After the base is captured it gets its guardians respawned (but now from the faction that captured it) and the faction players gain access to that base properties. (Example: Capturing a medical center grants the players access to it's vendor and in case of dying they are able to respawn there instead of respawning at the Command Center which is possibly too far away, Capturing a town may grant access to its vendors and maybe also some taxi pads and quick travel points, capturing an outpost may help to protect the entrances to areas where a faction has already captured other bases or maybe for a place where players can regroup for launching attacks to near enemy bases).

• Customizable Defenses:
    This just an extra possibility, once a base is captured. There are areas where players may build some other defenses to that base in order to make it more difficult to be captured by the other faction, the defenses they can build depend on the player's crafting Skill which must be at its max level (to make it fair) Example: Armormech Crafters can give the NPC's a buff that increases their endurace and defensive stats, Armstech crafters can spawn some extra troopers of Strong or Elite rank, Artifice can add some force based traps, Biochem can give the NPC's a buff that cures them periodically during the fight, Cybertech can build some turrets and Synthweaving can spawn some Jedis/Siths NPC's of Strong rank with stealth ability to ambush the attackers after they've killed the other NPC's and are waiting to capture the base (This are just examples and this is not forcefully required into this WZ Planet idea I was just thinking of it as an add that could make base captures more interesting and less monotone).

• Unique Quests:
    Instead of getting story line quests, have it filled with quests for eliminating other players, capturing enemy outposts, getting control of certain area of the map and maybe some special ones for placing bombs at some structures, destroying an enemy convoy that is resting somewhere, protecting some landing pads or bases from waves of enemy attacks. Possibilities are infinite.

• Planet Conquest and Daily Rewards:
    Every base that is captured and every quest that a player completes adds score for their faction and every 24 hours (Real time) the faction with the highest score wins the planet and every player that contributed to the faction's score that day gets a reward (possibly credits, special commendations or High reputation items [Maybe also depending on how much they contributed to their faction is the amount or value of the rewards they get])

• Daily Reset:
    Every 24 hours (real time) the planet and the factions' score resets and all the bases become neutral (guarded by neutral aligned NPC's like planet natives, mercenaries, thugs, creatures, etc.) so both factions can start again their battles to capture them and score for their faction.

If you liked this idea I would really appreciate if you can reply with your opinions and ideas, and also if you can share this topic so everyone can see it, comment and finally let the development team consider if it can be done and added in a future update.

I like it .I had a similar sort if idea myself involving guilds having a own planet to build their own guild bases to attack and defend and take over different resources on that planet for different PVP bonuses. I think that is the problem with current PVP warzones and PVE ops for that matter in that you don’t really feel like you part of the bigger picture in terms of the battle between republic and imperial. Most are either sort of black ops undercover type mission situations or daft ones like huttball. I would love a PVE operation where your team was actually part of big army type battle with NPC both fighting with you and against you, Like a Star Wars Call of Duty if you like, with walkers/tanks spaceships bombardments the works all going off to really make you feel like youare part of a war. My idea was below:-

Mine was to have a Planet that had ground based guild bases imp and republic sides and also NPC bases aswell. Each guild that has a base controls the immediate area around it and has exclusive acces rights to the materials and resoruces you can pick up within that immediate area surronding the base(Some of these materials coudl be rare items/materials that are only found there), other players from other guilds could not enter that area normally untiL A PVP battle takes place. The planet would be PVE until two guilds agreed on a time and date of a battle one side defending one side attking that base to take it over.

Battle time would mean a instanced PVP zone one side attacking incorporating attack vehicles(Tanks, walkers, maybe even the new space ships to air ground to soften them up so to speak) to ram through the base defences and the defending base also have various gun emplacments of its own, the building of the base would involve new crafting skills and new schemantics blueprints being developed and used. The objective for the attacking side would either be agreed for a quicker elimination mode kill all defending or attacking players (no re-spaw) or alternatly having re-spaws with the attackers having to take the central base area for a set amount of time without being engaged. The battle would have a overall time limit and the defenders would just have to hold out until then. There would be ofcourse some sort of bolster equalization of the battle so that the same agreed player numbers are involved all bolstered to the same agreed level.

If Attacking side wins it takes over the base and evicts the defenders. If Defenders win they have an exclusive counter attack opportunity if they want to take it to attack back at the attackers base with a bonus (for succesfully defending their base) that the orginal attacking guild would now have a de-moralised de-buff that would reduce each guild members damage dealt to some degree giving the counter attacking guild a small advantage. If the defenders wished not the take the counter attack opportunity the de-buff is removed and the exclusive counter attack rights are removed hence the orginal attackers base is open back up to other guilds to attack as standard once agreed.

You would also have a central up for grabs pot of armour and arms items that each sides puts in (equal number and total value) winning guild takes all, defending team sets the limit required of the number of items and total item value of the pot items up for grabs.

Like I say there would also be NPC bases aswell to help a new guild get a foothold by attacking these aswell or have a opportiunity to buy a plot of land to start building a new guild base(Only providing you do not have one already), this will be locked out from attack until establised but control over surrounding area would not exist until the build is established.

To expand of the controlling resource nature like you have mentioned some bases would control the NPC installlations that could be next to them making these key bases to control. It could be things like like space ports, mining facilities, trade centres etc.. having control of these would give some bonus to guild like say controlling a trade centre could earn the guild extra regular credits from taxation fees from that trade, controlling a space port may mean controlling that fly zone around it so adjacent bases from other guilds have to pay a levy charge to that guild to fly in and out of their own base. It would be a like a feudal sociaty where the guild would be the rulers of the NPC's within that sector as such. The more bases you conrol as a guild the more NPC you rule within that area .

Perhaps there could be a set influx of NPC's (More NPC under rule =incresed influx over time) ready to be trained as Possible future companions for one of the guilds members to Train and utilse, it would be random allocation of that potential compaion to one of the guild members once allocated. You can set what type, Tank, Healer Dps ranged or melle you want them to be and you have to complte missions as them to train them up and learn abilities. If the trainee succesfully graduates as a new companion it could be used on future alts aswell without any story conversations not to mess that up so affecton just gained through gifts, it would still level with you as any other standard companions and will need gearing up the same. There would have to be certain limitatons like it could be only availble once you have your ship and you still have limits on how many you send out to craft at same time and it would needs to be basic speaking and of human body type a species that exists already in game. You could even sell new recuirts as new companions for hire.

Although alot of work, It would certianly add game value for guilds and PVP in general and give new purpose to veteran players and guilds that are board of the never ending grind for gear in PVE. :cool::D

Ok, guys i didn't really have time to read your whole post,but was enough..

Remember Ilum? It was the worst FPS for everyone,if they do it we will have issue's unless they fixed it.

Doubt it....

Edited by Itathor