GSF theorycrafting? Best setups?

CTFoxhound

I am liking starfighter and I know alot of the loadouts are preference but I can't help but think there are certain setups with the different ships that have distinct advantages when leveled up. Is there any page out there where people have any sort of mathematical statistics on ship upgrade setups and paired up with preferred crew members?

I mean i'm doin fine, not getttin totally destroyed but I'm not doin supremely better either, just average. And when I upgrade certain components I can't help but wonder if I'm upgrading the wrong items. Any tips would be appreciated. ;)

Just click over all ships. The points are static, so since there are no different stats, and no modules you can switch out, like mods on ground gear, its relatively simple to work out.

What i like about it is they have actually designed a system that relies much more on player skill than what 'class'/ship you are flying.

pretty much any combo for any ship can work. It all depends on how you play it.

dulfy's site has her guide for scout and gunship class starfighters. Nothing on strikers yet.

I haven't unlocked the Pike yet so I can only speak about the Star Guard but I've found my most effective primary is the quad lasers. I'm recently trying out the Ion cannons for my second primary and, under the right circumstances, it can be a very lethal combo.

An alternate to Ions I think would be fully leveled up heavy blasters with their 100% armor penetration option. They aren't really good as your primary blaster because of the slow ROF but they might be very lethal against heavily armored targets like gunships (not sure if turrets carry armor too).

As for shields I prefer the directional shields because I've found that being able to redistribute shield power allows me to transfer shield power from undamaged shields to reinforce damaged ones (for example if I've lost rear shields but have full power to front I can transfer some of the power to rear shields). The lack of any shield capacity penalty (as is with the quick charge shields) or bleed through (charged plating) IMO makes it the most versatile shielding. If you ever played an X-Wing series game using directional shields is pretty similar and easy to get the hang of.

For missiles I go with concussion missiles or clusters. Both have their uses and it really depends on what you find most effective for you. (Likewise the minor upgrades to reactor, thrusters, capacitor, and magazine depend on your major components and what best enhance or compensate for weaknesses or suite your playstyle).