The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Indiana Jones franchise also acquired by Disney

MarkoJinn

I know this is off topic of SW but to me it's just another of my beloved franchises. And with that said I don't feel happy at all that one multi-billion dollar company will own everything that I hold dear from my youth related to entertainment. Where are we heading to? Is Disney going to own the exclusive right to making a movie next so that they are the only company in the world that is allowed to create any entertainment content? I'm sure they would love to but I think that's very sad. We need diversity not unity...

Your thoughts?

If they're gonna make more Indy movies they better hurry up before Harrison Ford is too old to play the part. I really don't want to see him replaced by Lebeouf. It just wouldn't be Indiana Jones then, it'd be the Mutt Jones franchise.

It makes it easier for the investors to make money, to hell with creativity!

Cynical me aside, I'm guessing this means more Indie movies. Good thing, bad thing? A lot of people didn't like the new Indiana film, I personally did and I liked the fact it was more accessible for a modern audience. So why not? Just only make two more. Because if they made an odd number that cranky part of my personality would have a fit. :p

But anyway, back to the cynical side. I agree I think we should be concerned as the entertainment franchise continues to be consolidated into one media empire. Its happening in gaming too, what with companies like EA buying up every other developer out there. On one hand it means will get more material, but the vision becomes far less diverse.

But I think we should wait before we judge.

Edited by Beniboybling