Cartel Market Coins < Fleet Requisition

JamesDisaster

I understand why there are purchases you can make with cartel coins in Galactic Star Fighter than help speed up your progression and stuff. But there shouldn't be ONE thing you can't purchase with enough Ship or Fleet Requisition. By adding ship types you can only buy with Cartel Coins you have set a ludicrous gate on content in your own expansion.

Not to mention the ships you can buy with Cartel Coins look so much sleeker, shinier, and nicer than the ones obtained through actual game play. Stop rewarding spending money over gameplay. If you're gonna sell the nicer ships for real world money offer them for a whole bunch of Fleet Requisition too! I want to see nicer, new, polished art you're adding to the game.... I'd like to earn it through playing the game not spending money.

I'm not saying don't sell things in the Cartel Market. I'm saying offer them through multiple means. For those dedicated enough to grind out the in game currency to obtain these items, they should be rewarded.

Edited by JamesDisaster

GTN not an option?

The GTN is a cop-out answer for this kind of dilemma. Whose going to buy a ship for 1800 cartel coins in hopes that they can sell it on the GTN for anything close to that equivalent in galactic creds? And even if this was an acceptable avenue, those who could afford one by paying in-game currency at standard ultra-rare GTN prices are a much smaller percentage than those who can afford that in real money.

I just want to progress in the star fighter expansion by playing it, and it frustrates me that there is gated off content.

Adding premium ships for...I duno...say 10000 fleet rep, 15k, 20k, would be great!! Something worth setting your sights on and trudging through the content to unlock, and then proudly brandish. Rather, there is nothing particularly special about owning the coolest looking ships in the whole game. It doesn't mean ANYTHING other than you have more money to blow on stuff than most people. It's just a shame.

Edited by JamesDisaster

Who's going to buy a ship for 1800 cartel coins in hopes that they can sell it on the GTN for anything close to that equivalent in galactic creds?

Just go to the GTN on your server and search for Spaceship upgrades. Chances are you'll find a few sellers there.

So you can get a " sleeker, shinier, and nicer" CM ship without spending any real money. Isn't that amazing?

Welcome to microtransactions, the reality of keeping a game afloat in todays saturated online environment.

Beside, the appearance of the CM ships is purely subjective, I think they look like old rustbuckets, I'm far more impressed with the sleek lines of the Imperial scout and the A-wing-esque lines of the Republic advanced scout (unlocked for 5,000 fleet req).

The GTN is a valid point as it allows folk to gain CM objects without having to spend a single penny of additional real world currency. Instead of grinding reputation points to get the ship from a vendor they can grind for credits.

Although the last time I looked sellers of the two CM ships were trying to gouge potential buyers. Prices for one 1,800cc item were in the range of 8 to 15 million credits. I would imagine that will settle down over time as the usual conversion is closer to 1,000 credits per CC (so maybe 1.5 to 2 million is a more realistic price).

By adding ship types you can only buy with Cartel Coins you have set a ludicrous gate on content in your own expansion.

And that statement is just flat out wrong. As noted above the GTN is a perfectly viable alternative to earning an ingame item.

Edited by Vhaegrant

I agree with Vhaegrant, I prefer the earned hsips far more than the CC ones. Though the original Strike Fighter the imps get is by far the most hideous looking ship ever designs (realy?! a bloody flying U?! whoever designed that ship deserves a swift kick in the nads).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.