Space War Ratings vs. very unbalenced fighting

Driekoningen

Within the next couple weeks, or if it has not happened yet, there will be a very, very unbalanced play style within each war game. It seams there is two things. A very powerful team and a very week team or Noob team. You rarely see a even team. There needs to be a system in place that controls this in some way. Maybe a rating or item score. Most of you that oppose this are in it for the easy kill and win. Which they most likely are lvl 55 ppl ganking lobbies anyway.

Wins are nice, but I like the close win. Makes it worth playing at that point and a nice challenge.

Yep. This is also what happens with a vertical pvp gearing progression system. Those who are good get better gear faster and become even more powerful. I was hoping this would be different from the ground pvp game, but it's quickly shaping up the same way.

Yep. This is also what happens with a vertical pvp gearing progression system. Those who are good get better gear faster and become even more powerful. I was hoping this would be different from the ground pvp game, but it's quickly shaping up the same way.

That's usually not a problem with enough population.

Personally, I haven't found this to be true. On Ebon Hawk I've played plenty of games where I've won 1000 to 700 and I've lost 400 to 1000. Now, I'll admit my point of view may be one sided as I have a handful more wins than losses, but I've never felt like one player or team ever had a significant advantage over mine. Heck, last night I played a game against the Pubs where all three satellites kept changing hands and it was neck and neck right up to the very end. Final score was 1000 to 997, Imps won.

We did some celebrating.

As far as the concern of gear progression goes, I thought I had also heard that matches were organized based on the level of gear people had on their, like if it was completely tooled up or all brand new. I don't know if they implemented the system already, but I would bet that if they hadn't then they would implement it when the preferred players get access. (I wouldn't actually bet, I'm not a gambling man.)

The reason for imbalance is people still learning to play. Far too many people will leave a satellite to chase a kill while the enemy caps it.

Next is turrets: Once they're up, you need less to defend as they can hit pretty hard. Skilled people can deal with them, but less skilled get shredded. This can allow a more skilled team to triple cap.

This problem will actually get smaller over time, and I've already seen that. I used to be able to speed boost to a point, cap and have a turret up before the enemy arrived. Now, theres almost always a fight over the point. I also used to be able to cap from defenders 3/4 the time, now its only about 1/4 of matches.

Now, when preferred and f2p join, youll see a leap in this behavior again, and then it'll go down again. It shouldn't be too bad though if enough keep playing as the game tries to seperate those with more gear from those without.

Speaking of gear: This is very different from normal pvp. VERY. The gear gap is about half that of ground pvp. They are almost all tiny upgrades. Also, point acquisition does NOT leap up much. I'm getting close to the same points per match. I believe they said the medals dont increase rewards, but even if they did, most medals come from objective not kill. There is also no mvp voting to get a boost. Finally, the gear cost for pvp only has 2 tiers, and all that gear stays the same price. In galactic starfighter, the costs dont just increase a bit...they increase exponentially! A tier 4 upgrade to weapons costs about as much as getting every single tier 1 upgrade! That's 10,000 requisition. There are 2 of those to buy, and 2 more even higher which I don't know the cost for. This massively slows down the grinders toward the top, and makes it very quick for new comers to get the first upgrades closing the gap even more.

For 4 hours straight today I was winning 1000-8 with the occasional game being slightly challenging, me and my friends ended up at one point saying "Hey lets let them get to 500 and see if they still win." They won once when we did that of 10. In 4 hours we lost twice, something about this matchmaking system seems broken.

For 4 hours straight today I was winning 1000-8 with the occasional game being slightly challenging, me and my friends ended up at one point saying "Hey lets let them get to 500 and see if they still win." They won once when we did that of 10. In 4 hours we lost twice, something about this matchmaking system seems broken.

I doubt so - you were just too well coordinated.

Give up things like Skype, TS and so on, and then go into the battle.

Then it will be balanced again.