Force-wielding bonus companion?

DAWUSS

Would anyone like to acquire a Force-wielding bonus companion (bonus companion: HK-51 and Treek)? For classes like SI and JK it might stack the pool a bit much (as they have 2 already), but for your non-Force characters, you could now have a lightsaber swinging character if you so wanted.

Me, I'm not exactly sure which character would acquire the companion if I acquire the companion at all, but the option would be nice to have. Then I may be able to do something with any spare lightsabers that wind up in my inventory LOL

I'd love to see f-wielding companion for my non force toons, it bugged me from the very start, why is there no jedi companion for smuggler or sith one for bounty hunter, that could be a lot of fun, especially since jedi/sith crews are not composed of f-users only.

SW has only 1 Force companion....So i need more!

Meh....even in KOTOR we had option to turn 90% of companions to force users :c im realy disapointed we can`t do this here :c

GIve SW a option to make his own power base!!! He is sith ! not just somekind of mercenery thung....Speaking of mercs....BH has more " friends " then SW...After doing all Imps stories....I have a feeling that story of SW is just " cut off " ...it feels not completed like IA , BH or even SI

SW has only 1 Force companion....So i need more!

Meh....even in KOTOR we had option to turn 90% of companions to force users :c im realy disapointed we can`t do this here :c

GIve SW a option to make his own power base!!! He is sith ! not just somekind of mercenery thung....Speaking of mercs....BH has more " friends " then SW...After doing all Imps stories....I have a feeling that story of SW is just " cut off " ...it feels not completed like IA , BH or even SI

I do miss the ability to train Force-sensitive companions into Force-users, too. Liked this aspect of KotOR2 a lot. Not saying everyone should be trainable, but a couple of'em? Yes, please.

And yes, technically, we have Nadia with the Consular, but she seems to be a self-trained Force-user already when she enters your care.

Would be awesome if we could send, for example, Temple, to some hermit to train her as a Force-user.

Assuming Treek was successful, I imagine BWEA will add more such companions. Why wouldn't they, if such companions make money for them?

I do miss the ability to train Force-sensitive companions into Force-users, too. Liked this aspect of KotOR2 a lot. Not saying everyone should be trainable, but a couple of'em? Yes, please.

What are you talking about? Every Jedi/Sith gets at least one padawan/apprentice. Sure, Consulars have to wait until their last companion, but male Consulars also have to wait 'til their last companion for a romance partner and Smugglers have to wait 'til their last companion for a healer (barring Treek).

Edited by branmakmuffin

What are you talking about? Every Jedi/Sith gets at least one padawan/apprentice. Sure, Consulars have to wait until their last companion, but male Consulars also have to wait 'til their last companion for a romance partner and Smugglers have to wait 'til their last companion for a healer (barring Treek).

What I mean is - Joe the Lucky Smuggler is a non Force-user companion. During our time with him, we identify him as a latent Force-sensitive. Then we have an option to train Joe the Lucky Smuggler into Joe the Dashing Jedi Knight.

Edited by Helig

What I mean is - Joe the Lucky Smuggler is a non Force-user companion. During our time with him, we identify him as a latent Force-sensitive. Then we have an option to train Joe the Lucky Smuggler into Joe the Dashing Jedi Knight.

To do that, Joe would have to either have dual prime stats like HK or his prime stat would have to switch from Cunning to Strength. Not saying it can't be done, just pointing that out.

To do that, Joe would have to either have dual prime stats like HK or his prime stat would have to switch from Cunning to Strength. Not saying it can't be done, just pointing that out.

Meh, he'll just get a "Complimentary Union Jedi Package" with appropriate Jedi gear to alleviate any potential trouble with gearing.

That would only work for Force classes IMO. No way can a Trooper teach someone to be a Jedi.

That would only work for Force classes IMO. No way can a Trooper teach someone to be a Jedi.

Naturally. But I believe that you should be able to point the companion towards a mentor, though. There's supposed to be fairly large periods of time between Chapters, so it's enough for them to get instruction. Also, they can complete those little offscreen pilgrimages that many companions already do during their storylines.

While I don't oppose this idea (More options=good), I don't feel that a force-user would fit into the crew of a non-force-user. One my favorite things about playing the Bounty Hunter was my lack of force-user. It made my Bounty Hunter feel separated from the force through the story. This also applies for the part of the Smuggler story I've played. It would be weird for the 4 tech classes (Trooper makes some sense) to have a force user. Why would one want to travel with a Smuggler/Bounty Hunter? In the case of the Agent, I say a force-user draws too much attention to fit the Agent's style. With Troopers, Jedi are used as part of the Republic military structure, so it would feel less awkward. Even with those points made, I like the idea of a healing companion that uses the force. I always wanted to Jasea on my SW, but I had to use Quinn in order to survive. A force-healer would fulfill my dream of 2 Sith terminating the Empire's enemies AND allow me to not die almost immediately.

While I don't oppose this idea (More options=good), I don't feel that a force-user would fit into the crew of a non-force-user. One my favorite things about playing the Bounty Hunter was my lack of force-user. It made my Bounty Hunter feel separated from the force through the story. This also applies for the part of the Smuggler story I've played. It would be weird for the 4 tech classes (Trooper makes some sense) to have a force user. Why would one want to travel with a Smuggler/Bounty Hunter? In the case of the Agent, I say a force-user draws too much attention to fit the Agent's style. With Troopers, Jedi are used as part of the Republic military structure, so it would feel less awkward. Even with those points made, I like the idea of a healing companion that uses the force. I always wanted to Jasea on my SW, but I had to use Quinn in order to survive. A force-healer would fulfill my dream of 2 Sith terminating the Empire's enemies AND allow me to not die almost immediately.

Trooper doesn't have a Force-user. They have an alien hunter/shaman/tracker thing. Not exactly a Force class.

As far as FUs drawing too much attention to the Agent - disagree.

Marr pretty much gives the Agent amnesty for something as severe as high treason, just to enlist their aid on Makeb. I really doubt that hiding an illegal Force-user on a ghost ship, lead by a non-existent Agent would be much more troublesome. Besides, Temple is already Force-sensitive, and can even use the Force a little.

As far as 2-Forceuser double team, double DPS works just fine, just maintain gear in a favorable condition, coordinate damage with your buddy, and rotate your minor defensive cooldowns.

Edited by Helig

It's a point I agree with (leaving Force users out of the non-Force users' companion lists makes the Jedi and Sith presence in the storyline a little less noticeable), but at the same time, all characters eventually end up taking down a good number of Sith and Jedi, including powerful ones.

Interestingly enough, my Trooper would probably be at the bottom of the list when it comes to acquiring a Force using companion.