The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Scouts OP?

Tougod

I am getting a bit peeved with what I'm assuming is the work of the evasion stat. A scout flies directly towards me, we open up on each other and I register perhaps 2 hits over 3+ seconds :| And if I do get some solid hits on them they're 10km away before I can blink.

They are likely using their cooldown as well, with the cooldown they can get over 100% evasion for 6 seconds, any worthwhile scout flying head on at a ship uses this if its up.

Also if you are in a gunship when this happens and they are suddenly 10km past you then they should be dead, hit rotational thrusters to turn right at them right click for rail gun and they are right in the sweet spot 10km-15km for a finishing shot with the little bit of damage you did on the head on strike. You could also have tried to get a railgun shot off when they were coming head on, I am not sure if evasion affect those at all.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol I don't deny I hate gunships openly if you notice I have only started one thread I am not spamming or anything but I am not going to ignore it so you guys can have your funships, sorry you guys are so offended by my opinion of gunships... but really get a life

I have given examples and reasons but all you guys can come back with is "L2P" and "don't go straight at them" and I am not even complaining about the damage or killing ones just sitting there, I have stated many times that there survivability and utility is questionable compared to their damage unless you catch them just sitting there and any decent player wont just sit there

I have nothing against scouts and strikers and the awesome pilots out there or the expansion it self. I have spent a lot of time in matches up against some very very good pilots [according to the records thread some of the best in the game] and can hold my own against them [sometimes 3 at a time] even if I cant get the kills they can but the numbers are there and people getting 20 kills on gunships with 1 death... yeah they must be just be super easy to kill but people just don't go after that guy who just got 20 kills :rolleyes:

Gunships are far from OP, I have seen those people with 20 kills and no deaths, but I have only done something like that once, generally when I play a gunship I get my butt kicked and barely get off 2 rail shots before people are all over me and I have a 20 minute flight back to an objective even in boost mode. I fly primarily scouts and strike fighters and gunships are barely a worry most of the time. The ones getting those type of kill numbers are in with a group of people that doesn't look for them, the only time I got close to those numbers was when I was unharassed the whole time, guarding an objective and just picking off ships one by one as they flew in to capture it.

The other way they get low deaths is by running away to their capital ship so they cant be chased but they are hardly effective there. I can sometimes go 7 kills 12 assist and 2 deaths in a scout or strike fighter how is that any different. Gunships are only good if they are ignored, when you are on a good team they have scouts and strike fighters all over them in seconds and never post those kind of numbers.