Any help would be great

martinglom

Can anyone give me any ideas on how to beat the boss in the jedi ruins temple after you learn the skill from the holocron to save master yuon, i am only level 12 the class mission is above my level lord knows why i would be sent on a class mission higher than my level..but he kills killing me and my companion.

I am a jedi consular level 12 i have tried to take med packs stimulants tried diffrent approches using my force from a distance and nothing i even tryed to bring a freind in but it seems they are blocked out and cannot enter my mission not even in group.

Its so annoying :mad: i cant get it mabye i should give up on it till im higher level if i have to does anyone know any cool high xp missions in my level range i can do in order to get up some levels and stronger

Thanks

I am a jedi consular level 12

Soo...you're a jedi consular, not jedi shadow or jedi sage?

If no, then go do your side quests. Look for yellow triangles above people's heads, they have a quest for you. You can also gain level by doing pvp or flashpoints (both warzone queue and flashpoint groupfinder have an icon next to your map, press them to queue). You should be around level 15 by now, not level 12.

If yes, then before doing anything else, go to the Republic fleet and next to the "Tython and Ord Mantell arrivals"-lift. There, you should see a jedi with a yellow triangle above his head. Talk to him and follow the quest he gives you. This quest lets you to pick an advanced class (jedi shadow or jedi sage). You'll get a bunch of new abilities which make your life much easier.

Besides side missions, run a couple of the PvP missions you can pick up on Fleet. There's a daily and weekly. They may help you ding a level. Also run Esseles FP. Between those two, you should be 13-14 when done. Plus you get the social points to do the social intro mission.

Also check your gear and that of Qyzen.

Also be sure Qyzen is in a stance and all his powers are available to him. Some are turned off by default for some reason. So check his power tray and all the powers boxes are active. Active will have a green box in the top right corner. Non-active has the box with no color.

Edited by Jacen_Starsolo

i am only level 12 the class mission is above my level lord knows why i would be sent on a class mission higher than my level..

You have been given that quest simply because you have reached that point in the story. Unfortunately, you have unwittingly failed to keep pace with the level of your class story, possibly by concentrating exclusively on it.

In addition to the other suggestions above, if you have access to it, you could try the new Galactic Star Fighter thing. The weekly and daily missions will give you XP and it is quite good fun (if you're into that sort of thing).

You have been given that quest simply because you have reached that point in the story. Unfortunately, you have unwittingly failed to keep pace with the level of your class story, possibly by concentrating exclusively on it.

In addition to the other suggestions above, if you have access to it, you could try the new Galactic Star Fighter thing. The weekly and daily missions will give you XP and it is quite good fun (if you're into that sort of thing).

Agree with GSF. I left it out because not everyone has access to it. I didn't think of him posting means he's a sub. :)

I am a jedi consular level 12...

You can stop right there.

Simply put, you are significantly under-level. At that point, most people (subscribers in particular) are Level 16 (or at least Level 15). Also, if you truly are a "consular", then you really do need to pick an advanced class.

The fix is easy: Play the game. You've clearly skipped a lot of other quests in the areas around Coruscant. You probably skipped some on Tython, too, as a full run through Tython will normally put you at Level 11. Go back to some of the earlier parts of Corsucant and check for extra quests. Don't forget to check out the Senate Tower, as a lot of quests --including the Gree "planet" quest-- start there.

I've helped a lot of people with this sort of problem, and one of the more common responses is: "But I wasn't interested in those. I just want to finish this quest so I can get to the next planet". That's fine, and there are plenty of sources of XP that will allow you to skip quests in the future. However, moving on to Taris at Level 12 is just suicide. You'll be six levels below many of the ordinary mobs and will have trouble simply hitting them. You need to get up over your class quest level before you start skipping quests.

And things like GSF or Warzones aren't a good solution, either. While your biggest problem is your low level (translating to low HP, low Willpower, fewer abilities, less skill points), you're going to have just as much trouble with gear. Until you can Warzone your way up to Level 20, neither of them will provide you with better gear. I've seen Level 17 players struggling with the same quest due entirely to the fact that they were still using Level 11 gear. And remember, you're not the only one who needs gear. Qyzen will help a lot if you keep him geared up, too.

TL;DR: Play the game. Run lower level quests. Get better gear. Raw XP (GSF, Warzones) helps, but you probably need gear and cash, too.

You can stop right there.

Simply put, you are significantly under-level. At that point, most people (subscribers in particular) are Level 16 (or at least Level 15). Also, if you truly are a "consular", then you really do need to pick an advanced class.

The fix is easy: Play the game. You've clearly skipped a lot of other quests in the areas around Coruscant. You probably skipped some on Tython, too, as a full run through Tython will normally put you at Level 11. Go back to some of the earlier parts of Corsucant and check for extra quests. Don't forget to check out the Senate Tower, as a lot of quests --including the Gree "planet" quest-- start there.

I've helped a lot of people with this sort of problem, and one of the more common responses is: "But I wasn't interested in those. I just want to finish this quest so I can get to the next planet". That's fine, and there are plenty of sources of XP that will allow you to skip quests in the future. However, moving on to Taris at Level 12 is just suicide. You'll be six levels below many of the ordinary mobs and will have trouble simply hitting them. You need to get up over your class quest level before you start skipping quests.

And things like GSF or Warzones aren't a good solution, either. While your biggest problem is your low level (translating to low HP, low Willpower, fewer abilities, less skill points), you're going to have just as much trouble with gear. Until you can Warzone your way up to Level 20, neither of them will provide you with better gear. I've seen Level 17 players struggling with the same quest due entirely to the fact that they were still using Level 11 gear. And remember, you're not the only one who needs gear. Qyzen will help a lot if you keep him geared up, too.

TL;DR: Play the game. Run lower level quests. Get better gear. Raw XP (GSF, Warzones) helps, but you probably need gear and cash, too.

I've used PvP only to level a class that I already did. Getting gear wasn't hard once you are in orange gear which you can trade your WZ marks for planet comms to get. Collections made it even easier than easy.

Plus we told him that because you can do those missions easily if you are at least -2 to the mission. He's struggling because he's -3. Once he does the other things, the gear at those levels won't make too big a difference to stop him from doing the mission. Did you really have to be in level 15 or above gear to do the missions on the first 2 planets? That's bad tbh.

Edited by Jacen_Starsolo

nd things like GSF or Warzones aren't a good solution, either. While your biggest problem is your low level (translating to low HP, low Willpower, fewer abilities, less skill points), you're going to have just as much trouble with gear. Until you can Warzone your way up to Level 20, neither of them will provide you with better gear. I've seen Level 17 players struggling with the same quest due entirely to the fact that they were still using Level 11 gear. And remember, you're not the only one who needs gear. Qyzen will help a lot if you keep him geared up, too.

I don't know about GSF, but as it was mentioned above, you can get better gear through warzones as soon as you can start buying stuff with planetary commedations. You can convert your warzone commedations to planetary commedations (you can even do this inside a warzone while waiting for the match to start) and buy some cheap adaptive armor (from GTN, or run THe Esseles once to get to social I and buy the social adaptive gear from the social vendor). Then buy mods to your adaptive armor with your commedations.

ok thank you all for your help i have bought cartel coins and bougth xp boosts to boost my xp i will also let me character sit in rest mode for 24 hours so i get rest double xp i also bought stims for will power and various stuff so i will go hard into game mode for about 3-4 hours and level up

Thanks all for your help

ok thank you all for your help i have bought cartel coins and bougth xp boosts to boost my xp i will also let me character sit in rest mode for 24 hours so i get rest double xp i also bought stims for will power and various stuff so i will go hard into game mode for about 3-4 hours and level up

Thanks all for your help

You also get those CM XP boosts as rewards for your class quests if I remember correctly. You don't have to buy them with CCs. If you want to make better use of the coins, go to your Character Perks in the legacy tab and buy the XP benefits for class missions and exploration (and the other XP perks too if you want of course).

Thanks all for your help

You never said if you were a sage or shadow. If you're a sage, best to put Qyzen in tank stance and just concentrate on healing him as much as you can in boss fights. He may die but he'll get the boss down to about 25% or less before he goes down. It won't be quick fight but your survival rate will go up a lot. If you got him geared, he should survive the fights with your heals. Don't waste all your energy on damage.

If Shadow, be in DPS and hit the boss as hard and fast as you can while Qyzen keeps the aggro. You could try being tank and let him do DPS but he's not as fast as you'd be burning through the boss HP. You could get same results but by my experience him being tank and you DPS in early levels the fights are faster. And even in DPS mode while he tanks, you can taunt a few times in the fight to help him stay alive longer if you see he's getting low on health and you're still full.

Great advice for your here OP. And I'll add my 2 cents.

For stuff like this, you can get someone to go in with you. All you have to do is make sure in your preferences you have same class entry into a phase. It is under social I believe.

But... you shouldn't do that. These type of quests are a skill check. And as you can see it worked. I know many peeps who have been carried through early levels by other players and later they don't have the skill to progress. So, follow the advice. Qyzen can help you a great deal here. Good luck.

Great advice for your here OP. And I'll add my 2 cents.

For stuff like this, you can get someone to go in with you. All you have to do is make sure in your preferences you have same class entry into a phase. It is under social I believe.

But... you shouldn't do that. These type of quests are a skill check. And as you can see it worked. I know many peeps who have been carried through early levels by other players and later they don't have the skill to progress. So, follow the advice. Qyzen can help you a great deal here. Good luck.

Agreed. I always think that especially class quests should be done alone. I never say that in general chat when someone asks for help in their story mission, because in the end it's none of my business how they will get through their quests and they can play the game however they like; but in my opinion they should be done alone. And if you can't get it done, then level or gear yourself and your comp up. Or, you know, learn to use your abilities a little better :)

Thanks all for your help

You didn't really address the advice you were given though. All the XP boosts in the world won't do much if you and your companion are still undergeared.

You basically don't want to skip any quests on Coruscant at all til you're level 16. Once you're 16, if you still have Coruscant quests to do, you can skip them and move on to the next planet if you wish.

The game is literally structured in a way that it assumes you will complete every single quest you come across aside from heroics (which are nice bonus XP but not what the planetary design is based off of). It's a bad idea for new players to skip them since they will miss out on gear, credits, and improving their skills through gameplay. Plus, I think you'll find that the planetary story arcs are just as enjoyable as the class stories.

The game's biggest selling feature is that all the quests are fully voiced, so I guess I don't understand the rush to skip them all. Sure, I skip most of them now, but that's because I have 17 characters and have seen all the quests to death. :p

Edited by Beltane

Since this post i have followed the advice that was gave here and i have completed that class mission and 3 others i thank you all so much for your help and all te advice negitive and positive ive learned some valuable lessons on game play and i thank you all

Again thank you som much :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.