Bug or 'sploit?

ser_ulyanov

I played a WZ last night with some guildies.

while both sides were waiting for the start, one player was in the WZ capping the objectives. He was on my side (Imps) and there was nothing the others could do.

Through the whole battle he was in the fight, but did not appear in the player list when I went to respawn. Wish I'd had the smarts to take a screenie.

It sounds like how sometimes you spawn outside the spawn area in warzones, and are able to run to the objectives. You can't cap it but you'll be there as soon as it becomes active leading to a free cap.

It's not an exploit. It's just a very uncommon bug.

It sounds like how sometimes you spawn outside the spawn area in warzones, and are able to run to the objectives. You can't cap it but you'll be there as soon as it becomes active leading to a free cap.

It's not an exploit. It's just a very uncommon bug.

Actually, as soon as you take advantage of a bug, that's an exploit.

I can confirm these other people are able to cap points. Had one do it earlier today.

Crap happens, and there might have been a bug they accidentally bumped into to spawn them in. At that point, they should have sat at the capital ship, or quit out. Instead, they chose to exploit the bug ( hence the term exploit ) to gain an unfair advantage.

In mine, I was on a scout, so when the match started I was able to speed boost to the point, and see the person ( in a strike fighter. ) to confirm the name, and that it wasn't just some glitch that capped the point. I can also confirm that they gained points during this time, and the satellite had full turrets by the time I got there at max speed. ( Speed boosting the entire way, plus barrel roll to boost. )

The sad thing is that team still lost:)

Actually, as soon as you take advantage of a bug, that's an exploit.

Indeed. What I was saying is it in itself is not an exploit, it is a bug since the player has no control over it. What he or she does with the bug can lead to exploitation, but the fact they are affected by it is not their fault.

Edited by Brimmer

I've seen this a couple times happen, 20 seconds left to go in the pre-spawn que thing, and opposing team has already captured a satellite and is gaining points.

Also, this happened tonight, we all spawned (both teams) on opposing faction start points, talk about confusing.