JoyStick Support

Keeno

Well i have had my joystick for about 5 years i played swg bf2 bf3 bf 4 with this joystick its a flight stick saitak st290pro

i was very excited about dogfights because its so fun when you use a joystick if you are good at it.its Easier to navagate and it just really suits me some people prefer mouse and some prefer Joystick people might say theres a advantage but ive seen people kick *** with mouse and keyboard on other games so it just depends on your playing style point is im really let down there is no support Gsf is dogfighting and i never seen a dogfighting game with no joystick support its just blows my mind that there isnt and this really needs to be fix Fast i mean there is nothin like space pvp and there isnt alot of games that do it now the swg is gone.Shoot make a space dogfight game put joystick support and charge ppl a monthly fee and youll have all the battlefield people and other games going to that game just because its space not only that you have to support joystick there is no excuses really its just sickens me about this will there be support soon be nice to get some people who believe in this and start posting.

But like i said its all about play style really there is no need to get people on this post saying its a disadvantage its not ill kill people playing mouse just as good its really the feeel of playing with the joystick makes you feel like your in a simulator its fun guys please put the support for joysticks you will increase server population with this cause youll be getting the people who love to dog fight play this game

I am now at the point that I am really not playing since there is no Joystick support. I really have no interest in playing any sort of flight simulator or off-rails flight game without the support. It is my preferred method and I actually feel hindered because I do not have the option.

/support

I'd also like to add this to your (very good) suggestion: mouse sensitivity/joystick sensitivity toggle. Sometimes when I'm turning very tightly to get on a guy's tail and when I finally do it takes me a second to get my cross hairs on them because I overshoot due to sensitivity. Being able to tune it down just a hair I think would do wonders for being able to more precisely and speedily get my cross hairs on a guy after pulling a tight turn

Have to say I agree there should be joystick support for this. Yes I know it can be done with just mouse/keyboard but just find it easier in my head to use a joystick. The mouse is over sensitive for this and can not keep a good grasp of control. So until they add joystick support I will be skipping the whole Starfighter component.

Its The Feeling you get.I remember pluging it in first time playing swg getting into my heavy tie or jedi interceptor and just going to Tat space and just flying around the astriod belt have so much control .....

Also the Throttle sucks in this game need to be able to control speed in space too

In the mean time I'm using Xpadder to fly with my 360 controller, just map the lower-right stick as the mouse (in spring mode) and the upper-stick to A,D etc.

Only problem is that the spring mouse mode of xpadder sometimes does not return to the center of the screen. But it's better than playing with a mouse.

Edited by Ralin

• 2 weeks later...
Using either joystick (with or without throttle) or mouse / keyboard combo is purely a matter of personal preference. However, I believe enough people have now expressed this preference to BioWare such that there is now a proven demand for this much anticipated service - Thanks for listening BioWare :-)