The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

No Elevator controls?! In a space combat game?!

_Viserys_

Yeah, seeing all these posts reminds me that yes, SWG combat was the best, it took skill to win. We did not have rapid shooting we had to pull the trigger or click the mouse to do each shot. So your timing had to be just right, it was not a spray and pray like a drunk 4 year old with a gun. It took skill and hours and hours of practice to be good. Also when we out-ran missiles it was not easy. We had to use Chaff's to hopefully hit the missiles. We could not out run them unless you built or had someone build you a booster that was able to outrun it. And Finally when dog fighting we could make more than mere left, right , up and down maneuvers. If you were really that good you could do one of my favorite moves in pvp or pve, you dog fight by flying at your enemy with a full burn boost then cutting out full throttle and finally braking to line up on them and fire missiles and blast them. Obviously this is something we cannot do in this game, I have spent days trying to in PVP, and have not even come close.

On a last note one thing I see that no one needs skill to play this game, all we need to do is gang up on one or a few guys and kill him. In SWG that was not practical, me and a few of my best space friends could take on 3 or more in a pvp fight because we had a lot of control and skill over our craft which GSF does not, and looks like it will never offer. So SWG = a Skill space combat game, GSF = No skill needed, just lots of cartel coins. :mad:

Instincts, and timing that you had to develop through countless engagements. Great RE'd parts didn't hurt, but they kinda fixed that the last year with the nice craftable parts.

You didn't learn it in a day, or a week. It could take months, and you had many many more ships to learn.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only JTL pve mission that was any amount of fun was the Lord Cyysk battle. Even soloing vettes in Deep Space got old hat after a while. While I do wish this game had a free roam space like Deep Space, there's really no reason for it, b/c the upgrade system isn't dependent on REing loot.

I did like the complexity of JTL more and the flight controls were light years (yes a pun) better; however this game has the one thing that JTL never had--on demand pvp. And that's enough for me.

Question: What good would elevators be in space? Need air for elevators to work.

Wait, how do you think elevators work? do you think you are shot up by a jet of air? or that the elevator rises and falls by adjusting the air pressure above and below it? I know you're joking, but seriously how do you think elevators operate that they would need air to work?