New debuff for Bloodthirst on raidframe

paulyWALNUTS

So with the new 'Satiated' debuff everyone gets from Bloodthirst now, some ops bosses that use a debuff mechanic that needs to be cleansed are a lot more irritating, because of the 4 max limit on raidframe (de)buffs. Healers often times can't even see the debuff appearing with all the icons around.

Satiated, sorc bubble debuff, combat rez, boss-tanking debuffs, etc. It all takes up useless space, and only makes it harder for healers to do their job and cleanse what needs to be cleansed. A prime example is the Dread Council in DP HM. It has even come to denying our maras to use Bloodthirst on the first and third phase so that healers can cleanse faster and don't have to sift through a whole truckload of debuff icons...

I already hated (among other things about this change) the fact that I wasn't in control of my own class anymore with the Satiated debuff you get from other players, but now using Bloodthirst has actually made a boss HARDER...

So I suggest either altering opsframes to allow for more debuffs to be shown, get rid of the debuff and track it in another way, or get rid of this mechanic altogether (wishful thinking I suppose) and/or go back to how it was.

Edited by paulyWALNUTS

I also find it odd that the debuff persists through raid wipe. The battle res does not when you enter the instance again =/

To me that seems just to be consistent with the CD of Inspiration not resetting either. It would be confusing not to have the debuff present and not be able to use Inspiration.

Unless you had more than 1 sent/marauder in the group. In which case you wouldn't have the debuff, and would have a Inspiration to use sooner than anticipated

We were running with two marauders, yes. Thing is, it's not really juggling the BT, which is the reason the debuff was put in place. The dps is a non-issue, so not struggling. However, for NiM this will be annoying, as you may want to use BT from the start and not being able to do so in a 16m raid (and 8m raids, if you run with two maras) due to the debuff being in place after a wipe.

I made a post about buff/debuff management on the PTS server, but I'm not sure where the best place to put it would be. The buff/debuff bars in this game are horrible! It's impossible to keep track of your procs/dots/hots/etc when they are flying all over the place, have no set position on your/the boss's bars, and have no way of differentiating your bleeds from any one else's. Does anyone know the best forum to place a thread petitioning for buff bar management? It would be a HUGE quality of life improvement for all aspects of this game.

Here's my thread:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=700537