Running into issues with Dual Monitors on the Galactic Starfighter expansion

CaparzoLOL

As the title says. When you're flying around with your mouse and you move it in the direction of your second monitor the cursor moves out of the game and onto that monitor. This doesn't happen in game, so just wonder if its some sort of bug. Please fix so it can support dual monitors again.

Exactly the same thing is happening here, but I've got 3 screens so lose the mouse pointer off of both sides.

Not only does it take ages to figure out where the mouse is, having to track a 1 pixel wide line, I then have to move miles to get back on screen again. Worse is when I click the mouse button after lining up a shot and end up on my desktop with half a dozen icons selected. Generally by the time I've got back into the game I've crashed into the scenery.

Please lock the mouse pointer to the game window so that it doesn't get lost and I don't end up raging at my PC.

I initially thought it was because I play in full screen windowed mode (to avoid the red screen on startup issue), but it happens in full screen mode too.

This is actually how your mouse always performs in fullscreen windowed mode, even outside of GSF. I also found this frustrating in Beta. However, after some practice it became a non issue because your mouse should never go much farther than the firing arch (circle). Once your mouse exits the circle you are turning in that direction. Moving the mouse further outside the circle does not result in a faster turn. What it does do is make the yellow indicator line longer which will just take you longer to move the mouse back into the circle.

I guess what I am trying to say is that as you tighten your control up this issue will disappear.

Edited by Docmal

I'm playing on surround monitors (6010x1080) and what happens is when turning left or right the targeting reticule stops at the outer firing arc circle, but then a line will continue past that out onto the left or right monitor. So if I'm banking extreme right, the reticule goes to the rightmost edge of the firing arc and then a line continues out from that onto my right monitor. Now if I want to change direction and turn left, I have to reel that line back into the rightmost edge of the firing arc before my ship will change direction.

It's really, really annoying and makes using the best monitor setup an extreme handicap, thus lowering the fun factor a thousand fold.

Edited by Archellion

Just to let you know, I disabled the extra monitors in Nvidia control panel and that worked fine. It's easy enough to enable them after.

Not the perfect solution, but an easy work around :D

This is what I also do. (Well, in the ATI Control Center - but same thing)

I hope they'll do something about this as well, since it's pretty annoying.

• 2 years later...