The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Help with upgrading my desktop for SWTOR.

KaitoX

Current

Windows 7 Home Premium

Cpu: AMD Phenom II X4 945 Processor 3.0 GHz

Ram: 8 GB

System Type: 64-bit Operating System

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 (Exclusive Supercloked +55 MHz on GPU Clock) 2GB GDDR5 Memory

1 TB Hard Drive

I am looking to mainly upgrade my CPU and motherboard if necessary and even throw in 8 GB more ram.

It would be greatly appreciated if someone could let me know what i need to buy to make the game run maxed at 60+ FPS as often as possible. Thanks in advance!

PS: Currently I cannot afford to overclock and buy new fans,but will do so sometime in the future!

To have 60+ FPS you are more dependent on GPU than CPU. But of course that doesn't mean that you don't need a CPU and a mobo upgrade.

I recommend at least an Intel i5+ CPU and a mobo with Z77 chipset. You don't need more RAM if you ask me.

Your graphics card will do fine for this game for now but you will need to upgrade it for the other games in a short time. You may still overclock your GPU tough. Install MSI Afterburner and try higher clocks for both GPU and RAM of your graphics card while keeping an eye on the heat. This will give you a few more frames I believe.