The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

An in-depth look at combat: General Grievous

Beniboybling

All he said is "I've always been greater than you". Which sounds more like ignoring her request rather than accepting it
That was what I was about to say. As if the game was beneath him and the contest pointless.

Arrogant yes, but he never agreed to any code of conduct or honor.

That was what I was about to say. As if the game was beneath him and the contest pointless.

Arrogant yes, but he never agreed to any code of conduct or honor.

Oh come on, how else can he accept the duel?

It's Grevious, he wouldnt accept it openly like "Fine then" or "Sounds good" or "How about first of all we discuss the judicial consequences of going against this verbal contract?"

He'd say something like "I've always been better than you" or "you don't stand a chance."

Let's also note he drew his sabers after she said it, which is an informal way of saying yes.

Oh, and you really do suck at replying to PM's :p

Edited by Selenial

Oh come on, how else can he accept the duel?

It's Grevious, he wouldnt accept it openly like "Fine then" or "Sounds good" or "How about first of all we discuss the judicial consequences of going against this verbal contract?"

He'd say something like "I've always been better than you" or "you don't stand a chance."

Let's also note he drew his sabers after she said it, which is an informal way of saying yes.

Oh, and you really do suck at replying to PM's :p

Well when was Grevious known for fighting fair?

Exactly!

Who cares anyway, we are just debating semantics at this point. What Aurbere and me were arguing against is that cheating is somehow a bad thing, when Grievous gives jack all about the rules of combat. And doing what ever it takes to win is just intelligent.

No one ever said it wasnt smart, in fact, I said it was the smart and right thing to do.

But when you flat out say he doesn't cheat.... :p

I have to agree that saying he cheats when he's not shown to ever agree to any conditions is silly. By that logic, it's cheating to take advantage of a loophole as well. Grievous chose to engage in combat with Ventress by igniting his sabers and attacking; nothing more other than a gloat of his superiority. Assuming anything else for an oral contract is faulty on the offerer's part imo.

Regardless, his actions did keep him alive in the war. If he wasn't such a braggart and Sidious wasn't pulling him back whenever the Seps were winning too much, I have doubts many of the Jedi he repeatedly faced would have survived. That's probably one of the things I have grown to like about his character: there's a lot of what he "could" have been and done but his flaws really crippled him.

So if you said Grevious cheated in that fight, does that mean using the force in a lightsaber fight equals cheating? The force is a separate entity and is something Grevious does not possess.

Well, if you specifically say at the start no force powers, then yes.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
General Grievous is certainly no joke. Though more machine then sentient, he has proven himself countless times. From killing multiple Jedi simultaneously, to besting and survivng Jedi Council members to tactical thinking. Grievous was a highly skilled tactician, what he accomplished with an army of mindless *****heads (lol) is an impressive feat. Having 4 arms plus being able to fight with lightsabers in ones feet, in a hand stand, and being able to take just about any damage, would make one a very formidable opponent. Few could par Grievous in any combat sense. Sure he was vulnerable in certain areas..but then again most didnt live long enough to exploit them. Grievous is not the best, but he would prove a wonderful challenge to any world class swordmasters. Edited by wrnfkbsdgfbdsgb