Full Darkness VS Deception VS Dark/hybrid PVP Node Guarding

MatthewKurucar

As the title says which spec do you guys prefer for node guarding and the occasional ninja capping and the even fewer open field battle? I'm talking mainly wz but with the que system how it is perhaps arena play as well.

I usually use a deception/madness hybrid for the burst and deathfield.

Nothing can beat full deception at node guarding. Not because it's unkillable.. because it is not.

But because it has absolutely excellent stalling capabilities, as well as very high burst in order to ninja/distract a base by force.

Darkness would be great for defending.. but it's absolutely **** to attack with. Not enough damage.

The "dark maul" hybrid does work, but it is an absolutely **** spec to play. And it doesn't work on so many other things.

I'd suggest full Darkness for guarding. Even though it's DPS isn't the same, with Spike being usable out of combat, you can survive well enough for reinforcements to come assuming more then one person shows up. In my experience, there's usually a stealthed person accompanying the one person I saw, so in a 2v1 situation the odds of surviving aren't huge, and a full Darkness Assassin has the best chance of 'holding down the fort' while reinforcements head your way.

I'd suggest full Darkness for guarding. Even though it's DPS isn't the same, with Spike being usable out of combat, you can survive well enough for reinforcements to come assuming more then one person shows up. In my experience, there's usually a stealthed person accompanying the one person I saw, so in a 2v1 situation the odds of surviving aren't huge, and a full Darkness Assassin has the best chance of 'holding down the fort' while reinforcements head your way.

The problem is when your team is on the losing side, and requires your aid in harassing the enemy secondary base.

Because you will not in a million years steal that base from a half potent player.

The problem is when your team is on the losing side, and requires your aid in harassing the enemy secondary base.

Because you will not in a million years steal that base from a half potent player.

He's just asking about guarding, not advancing, and you shouldn't plan your spec on the assumption your team will be losing because then you aren't prepared to play when your team is winning.

I actually was including node capping as well as guarding. For the most part i still stick to deception for guarding because sometimes another sin will want to guard and that leaves me to ninja which i find infinitely more fun than guarding.

My apologies then haha. If it's guarding/capping then I'd probably suggest a hybrid.

He's just asking about guarding, not advancing, and you shouldn't plan your spec on the assumption your team will be losing because then you aren't prepared to play when your team is winning.

Ehm, you need to be ready for ANY situation. And deception is fine for defending so you'll be good with it either way.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.