PvP training for noobs?

tharbison

Take the most hardcore PvE raider. He knows all the fights. He knows how to taunt, guard, los, not stand in fire, CC the target with x marker, dps the target with y marker, and work together as a team. It's good training for PvP, right?

Stick him in a WZ and he FORGETS ALL OF IT

he also forgets how to learn from mistakes

Nah, PvE is something you play with a map already in your head. PvP is diverse. Anywhere anytime. No map available.

That's why they have so much trouble with it.

Take the most hardcore PvE raider. He knows all the fights. He knows how to taunt, guard, los, not stand in fire, CC the target with x marker, dps the target with y marker, and work together as a team. It's good training for PvP, right?

Stick him in a WZ and he FORGETS ALL OF IT

he also forgets how to learn from mistakes

Actually, I was advised to do some PvP before I should join a Raid recently - because of the training. One has to be quick in both.

Actually, you score points in AHG even if you don't control a Pylon. They are merely "Potential Points", and Pylons are a modifier to those points.

0 Pylons = Potential Points x0

1 Pylon = Potential Points x1

2 Pylons = Potential Points x2

Points are accumulated during the entire round, regardless of how many Pylons you control. This is why the act of capturing a Pylon appears to give you a chuck of points. You don't actually earn points for capping the Pylon, you simply got a x1 multiplier on all the Potential Points earned up to that time. For this reason, it doesn't matter when you cap your Pylon... even if at the very end of the round, you will receive points for all kills that round. At the end of each round, the Potential Points become Permanent Points.

Orb Points are Permanent Points as soon as you get them.

Yes, except for one thing. You *DO* get points just for the pylon. Just had an AHG. First round. Nothing has happened yet. Multiplier is set to 3. Went to the pylon, we fought and killed 2 enemy and capped. They capped without opposition. They had 75 potential points, we had 81. Not sure how you'd explain that without saying that you get 75 points for capping all by itself? I don't know about subsequent rounds though. I didn't pay it much mind, since we were kicking their arses. But I'd suspect it'd be similar, maybe with just a different value.

I didn't know you got 2x the kill/orb points for having a double cap though. Never paid that much attention. Thanks for pointing that part out!