• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only Revan lightsaber kills/victories I can think of are:

Mandalore

Yusannis

Not Prime Malak

The One (Not too sure on this one)

Dark Honor Guard (admittedly he dealt with the guard rather easily, meanwhile Meetra and Scourge, two expert/master swordsmen, had more trouble with em).

Take it as you will, but i'd put him around Ventress level in terms of sabers, probably a bit lower.

Reasons? And I don't think TCW Maul is that much better than TPM Maul

Better Force feats for him and being more powerful. But anyway, Maul is the superior swordsman here. Couple with his sword skill and mastery of Tera Kasi, he should be able to best Revan in close quators. His fight with Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan while the former is elderly, the guy has shown to be impressive in combat and Obi-Wan was pretty much a Jedi Knight at the point, the two of them together even against Maul were rather lacking, they could hold their own together but that's about it.

Maul has at this point anyway for him, some ok TK feats. He is able to throw things, able to use Force choke, able to shatter doors, propell stones, just alright.

Speed/Reaction times, pretty sure Maul has Revan beat in that catagory too. He is able to percieve things in slow motion that are almost too fast to see. He can deflect blaster fire from entire squads, he can fight faster than Qui-Gon, make blurs using his saber, able to unleashed 4 to 5 blows in a flicker of an eye, run in blurs. Etc, etc so on and so on.

In Force powers....what are Revan's offensive capabilities? I know TK I guess, but anything else? If not then I could just see this coming into a lightsaber duel.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

The only Revan lightsaber kills/victories I can think of are:

Mandalore

Yusannis

Not Prime Malak

The One (Not too sure on this one)

Dark Honor Guard (admittedly he dealt with the guard rather easily, meanwhile Meetra and Scourge, two expert/master swordsmen, had more trouble with em).

Take it as you will, but i'd put him around Ventress level in terms of sabers, probably a bit lower.

Malak not Prime? Wasn't the time of their battle at Malak's prime and he was boosted by the Star Forge? Revan later has the Darth Nyriss kill as well which I think is pretty impressive.

These are two of my favorite characters but I think Revan would win but something like he wins 11 out of 20 times.

Maul tends to get his *** handed to him by the best force using Jedi so its almost a certainty Revan would win out. The absolute battering Sidious gave him showed just how easily dominated he is by the best force users.

Sidious >>>>>>> Revan by a huge margin, Revan is NO WHERE near the best Force users.

Sidious >>>>>>> Revan by a huge margin, Revan is NO WHERE near the best Force users.

Clearly but Revan did show incredible use of the force when fighting Vitiate. Something Maul would never have been able to do. The way each fared in their duels with their periods Dark Lords showed it would be a mismatch Maul just hasn't got any real force powers he's just a brute.

I'm not a fan of super Jedis that some games and novellas try to create. I much prefer original trilogy samurai/monk jedi but the way Bioware made Revan he is clearly stronger than Maul.

Edited by Tellenn

This would be pretty damn close, Maul wins in lightsaber combat, Revan wins in Force ability, so the question is, can Maul apply the pressure sufficiently enough to keep this a lightsaber only engagement.
With what little information we possess concerning Revan, I think we can assume he was a highly skilled, if not master, lightsaber duelist. Meaning it will be difficult for Maul to dominate him enough in this field to prevent him from using the Force. I mean all it would take is a chained Force based attack.

If this was Darth Rivin vs Maul there might be an argument.

Revan reduced a member of the dark council to ashes without breaking a sweat, Maul wouldn't get within 10 feet of him.

Even Palpatine would admit that Maul was trained to be an assassin and not a true Sith, a Berzerker who didn't really use the more offensive minded powers of the dark side.

a fight between Revan and especially Darth Revan and Maul would last about 10 seconds and then there would be the need for a dust pan to clean up Palpatine's former apprentice.