Low D Textures

OneTribe

First off I know there are loads of bugs that should be addressed first but I cannot believe this game has come out, IN 2011! for that matter, with such low definition textures!

Every robe / armor set looks HORRID if your body type is anything larger than small. I can hardly stand looking at my character the armors on him are so frickin bad. Please for the love of God invest in making some higher definition textures for better looking armor...

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

game looks amazing on my computer, I suggest you update your computer.

Stop being ignorant.

In the cutscenes you can see the full effect of high resolution textures, however as soon as you're back to playing they blur out. I don't know if this is a bug or if they yet have to enable the option. The game looks anything but amazing, and I'm running it at maximum settings and 16AA.

guess my computer is better than yours because the game looks better than all the other mmo's out there aside from maxed out age of conan. Cry more.

No, it is not and no, it does not. Instead of kissing so much *** you might want to get your eyes checked. There is a difference between something looking good and something being blurry and lacking in texture resolution.

Edited by Schnerf

I think you didnt read clearly. Most of the game looks good for an mmo, what Im talking about is the textures for armor / robes / whatever...

Im running 1900x1200 with max settings...

Lets take a look at a couple screenshots and tell my honestly you think these look great.. :rolleyes:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/kevin_420/swtor2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/kevin_420/swtor1.jpg

Edited by OneTribe

I think you did read clearly. Most of the game looks good for an mmo, what Im talking about is the textures for armor / robes / whatever...

Im running 1900x1200 with max settings...

Lets take a look at a couple screenshots and tell my honestly you think these look great.. :rolleyes:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/kevin_420/swtor2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/kevin_420/swtor1.jpg

There may actually be a problem because I run 1080... looks nothing like that. FAAARRR Better and my friend runs the game in 3D... FAAAARRR Better. So either you're lying or theres a problem with the game interacting with your hardware. Good luck.

Edited by ComaXO

When people are being ignorant it's usually best not to call them ignorant but try explain why they are being an idiot without saying it. Cos otherwise even after you explain someone will tend to disagree with everything you say just because you called them a name, and then start swearing if you carry on to disagree because you turned it from a disagreement to a personal argument. ;)

Yeah, you're right, and there was the same problem in Mass Effect 1 and 2 when you look at anything up close, or indeed in cut-scenes where you OFTEN see things up close. The problem is they make the game to make sure it works with the 5 years out of date graphics cards and low amount of memory for textures that consoles (or indeed unfortunately a lot of people stil have), but then don't bother to keep the high quality stuff that they compressed down available so that people who DO have the graphics power can have high quality mode. They probably have the high resolution versions before they compressed them down to be all fuzzy, just didn't put them on the DVDs :( I don't know why, but it seems like Bioware never seem to give a high quality option for textures? Is it an EA thing? I noticed the same with Dead Space too, I loved that game too other than that. :(

It's been a trend to skimp on the actual quality of how stuff looks (because art is more expensive) and focus on putting as much glowy effects on stuff to try hide it :(

Edited by SelinaK

Stop being ignorant.

and prepared to be flamed.

That is actually the 1 texture that looks alright, find ANY other...

Idk what you're running at, because mine looks nothing like that. Maybe you should look at your own system settings before throwing the judgement stone. I have a GTX480SE, with all the updated drivers, and I don't have those edges. Maybe you should look into adjusting your graphics card through the nVidea control panel.

Edited by shinacarana

This is the pic I use. Although on 1920x1080 it looks 10 times better.

http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/..._40_819000.jpg

Thats not exactly what were talking about, all the other textures show up in good quality..

What do you mean? Go screen shot someone else?

Yea just another armor texture cause thats how that specific armor looks for me

Edited by OneTribe

'High' quality textures have been turned off since beta, and remain off.

There are numerous performance issues with the current Forceware and Catalyst drivers and SWTOR. This has been acknowledged by all parties.

One can only assume that high-quality textures and settings will be 'unlocked' when optimized drivers are available.

Yeah, you're right, and there was the same problem in Mass Effect 1 and 2 when you look at anything up close, or indeed in cut-scenes where you OFTEN see things up close. The problem is they make the game to make sure it works with the 5 years out of date graphics cards and low amount of memory for textures that consoles (or indeed unfortunately a lot of people stil have), but then don't bother to keep the high quality stuff that they compressed down available so that people who DO have the graphics power can have high quality mode. They probably have the high resolution versions before they compressed them down to be all fuzzy, just didn't put them on the DVDs :( I don't know why, but it seems like Bioware never seem to give a high quality option for textures? Is it an EA thing? I noticed the same with Dead Space too, I loved that game too other than that. :(

It's been a trend to skimp on the actual quality of how stuff looks (because art is more expensive) and focus on putting as much glowy effects on stuff to try hide it :(

'High' quality textures have been turned off since beta, and remain off.

There are numerous performance issues with the current Forceware and Catalyst drivers and SWTOR. This has been acknowledged by all parties.

One can only assume that high-quality textures and settings will be 'unlocked' when optimized drivers are available.

Hmm, interesting if that is true and not just a rumour - what is your source please? ;)

Edited by SelinaK

There's actually a bug where the game is using higher resolution textures during cutscenes and character selection than it uses during normal gameplay.

The textures are A. Washed out (A sign of a high amount of texture compression) and B. without bump mapping.

Sure it looks fine enough from a distance. And sure it's easy to just deal with the textures being messed up in normal gameplay.

But that doesn't mean that the bug doesn't need fixing.

And no, by no means are your textures better than everyone elses because you're using a GTX570 or 580 or 590 or 5 million. It's the same on every setup regardless of manufacturer. It's a game bug. It's been acknowledged and is going to be fixed.

Stop denying the obvious.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.