Some ideas

Tokoloshe

Game mechanics

• Space category for key mapping
  • Don't summon a dismissed companion after a cut scene
  • Remember crafting search order in recipe list
  • Ship module comparison similar to new item/character/summoned companion item comparison

Role playing

• Be able to holocall other same-faction characters when outside of war zones
  • Characters retain access to Story areas after they have completed them.

These sound like good ideas. But how would you holo-call the players? As the character could have a preset of dialog options and responses such as "I need assistance". And the response could be "I am on my way" or "I have other matters to attend to.". Please elaborate as these could be sound ideas.

Please elaborate as these could be sound ideas.

I envisage holocalling as providing a cut-scene like appearance with each character's holo image appearing for the other character in the call via the existing holocommunicator interface. Either from one's ship or from the hand held device. Below the cut scene is a chat box so players can text chat with the other player in the holocall.

Movements of the holo characters can be keyed to when a text is sent (enter key is pressed) using the stock movements we seen in other game communications. One idea that might require more work is integrating the social commands into a holocall (the ones available from the chat box).

We've already seen that a holocall can include a current image of our character (equipment and appearance) so the image system exists, with a new hot key and icon to activate the holocommunicator and a link to the holo terminal in the ship I think it would be a fun addition for those rp minded.

Edited by Tokoloshe