How is Combat/Carnage holding up in ranked arena's?

xscott

Being a Shadow/Assassin, and rolling a Combat sentinel for 2XP weekend, I am curious how Combat/Car is doing in "RANKED" Arena's? I have searched youtube to see this spec in action post 2.4, not a lot out there. .. if any I could find.

I have no interest in playing smash.

peace, and thanks for your replies.

is the only one I have ever seen do arenas as Combat. He does not specifically state in his video description if that is ranked or not (I think it is--but cannot be certain). His level of play is not typical. He's clearly done more than master the class.

Does Combat have a place? Maybe. But, all other things being equal, Focus will do better in arenas, sadly. That is, if he faced equal teams to his in skill, gear and class spec with the only difference being that his mirror would be Rage instead of Carnage, I'd bet the team with the Rage marauder would win.

Focus/Rage in PvP simply easier to use and outperforms and outlasts Combat/Carnage.

Edited by Sappharan

• 2 weeks later...
is the only one I have ever seen do arenas as Combat. He does not specifically state in his video description if that is ranked or not (I think it is--but cannot be certain). His level of play is not typical. He's clearly done more than master the class.

Does Combat have a place? Maybe. But, all other things being equal, Focus will do better in arenas, sadly. That is, if he faced equal teams to his in skill, gear and class spec with the only difference being that his mirror would be Rage instead of Carnage, I'd bet the team with the Rage marauder would win.

Focus/Rage in PvP simply easier to use and outperforms and outlasts Combat/Carnage.

Combat/Carnage does have some real advantages over Focus/Rage, and the single target burst is actually superior when all your proc's and cooldowns align. The skill cap is much higher though.