The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Delta_Gamma's suggestion.

Delta_Gamma

Hi everyone.

I'm just making a suggestion for the cartel market. I really like the idea, but i'm not overly fond of how it works. (It's a semi gamble). You could have spent thousands of coins, but not get what you wan't; or just a couple hundred and get it.

If you subscribed to try and get a particular item, and you don't receive it; it may not be overly encouraging to try again.

Maybe showing the user what he/she will receive first will be far fairer than a random jackpot.

Again, it's just a suggestion.

Delta_Gamma

Hi everyone.

I'm just making a suggestion for the cartel market. I really like the idea, but i'm not overly fond of how it works. (It's a semi gamble). You could have spent thousands of coins, but not get what you wan't; or just a couple hundred and get it.

If you subscribed to try and get a particular item, and you don't receive it; it may not be overly encouraging to try again.

Maybe showing the user what he/she will receive first will be far fairer than a random jackpot.

Again, it's just a suggestion.

Delta_Gamma

huh? pack contents are selected at the time when they are opened. before that, they are essentially empty. When you open a pack the game determines the contents based on RNG of all available items.

There are 1000s of items out of those 5 it selects certain classes of items (certificates, armor, mounts, crafting materials, consumables etc) and once the classes of each items are selected the rarity of each item is selected, from the rarity, a specific item is selected.

Basically what you think is that packs are predetermined, they are not. they are randomly generated from a selection of items, there is nothing to "preview" to determine what will be in a pack until it is consumed. Otherwise you might as well just list individual items on the CM.

These are essentially like randomly generated packs of sports cards, collectable card games, etc. But instead of having per-determined quantities, individual items are instead given a % chance to drop at any instance since the number of items generated are virtually infinite.