SATURDAY! SATURDAY! SATURDAY! PvP Battle Royale in Outlaw's Den! (23 Nov @ 6pm US CT)

DainjaMouz

NOTICE: Due to feedback from a number of potential participants that they'd be playing Galactic Starfighter on the PTS this weekend, we've decided to postpone this event until December. Thanks to everyone who expressed interest--I will direct message you when we decide on a new date.

All:

Wanted to invite all (Imps and Pubs) to participate this Saturday (23 Nov @ 6pm - 8pm US CT) in a Battle Royale in the Outlaw's Den on Jedi Covenant. Link to registration and participation instructions to follow on this thread.

We're looking to produce an innovative, fun event using the resources that are available within Outlaw's Den. Format should be interesting for those who just want to kill things, and for those interested in objective-based play.

Adherence to event rules will be honor-based; if you can't handle that, you can queue for CZ-198 instead.

Recommend LvL 154 PvP gear minimum. Unless you like to die...a LOT.

Get out the word!

UPDATE: Link to registration. Event description in the post below.

Edited by DainjaMouz

NOTICE: Due to feedback from a number of potential participants that they'd be playing Galactic Starfighter on the PTS this weekend, we've decided to postpone this event until December. Thanks to everyone who expressed interest--I will direct message you when we decide on a new date.

Ok, so here's the general framework for this Saturday's Battle Royale event.

1. Two teams: Pubs & Imps. We're going to try to balance headcount as much as possible, so if it starts to look like we're registering too many of one faction, I may reach out to you to see if you're willing to play an opfor alt.
  2. Registration is currently open, and will remain open until we reach 50 players of one faction or the other, or until Friday, 22 Nov at 6pm CT.
  3. Registered character names, classes and any group affiliations will be made available to their respective factions by 9pm CT on Friday, so that time is available to coordinate if desired.
  4. Teams will start from their respective sides of Outlaw's Den, near their med droid.
  5. If one team has more players than the other, the team with more players will have a monitor at their med droid to manage a player queue. When a dead player respawns at the med droid, the next player in the queue will be released into the Outlaw's Den.
  6. Both teams will be attempting to accomplish the same objective within the Outlaw's Den (and no, it doesn't involve a Seeker Droid--I wouldn't put you through that). Specific details on the objective to be accomplished will be provided over an event-specific chat channel 5 minutes prior to the event start. This is to limit participant opportunities to gain unfair advantage. However, the basic format is similar to "capture the flag".
  7. Registered players will receive the event channel name prior to the event. In addition, channel information will be broadcast over general chat on Tatooine starting at 30 minutes prior to the event.
  8. Once an objective is confirmed accomplished by one side or the other, the field will reset and we will start again with a new objective.
  9. Within the Outlaw's Den, any and all tactics to accomplish the objective, or to prevent the opposing faction from accomplishing the objective, are acceptable.
  10. Groups and Operations Teams are encouraged, as is voice chat to support faction / group / subgroup coordination.
  11. Two types of scoring will be tracked. First, there will be a monitor at each med droid to count total kills per faction. Second, total objectives accomplished will be counted.

Any questions or suggestions? Post on this thread.

Want to participate? Register here.

Edited by DainjaMouz

Awwww...Oh well. I'll be doing Galactic Starfighter than :D