just a little idea i got for annih

BobyDigital

And how do you account for the damage lost from Juyo Mastery, Bleedout and Berserk?

I think he is saying Up the damage from Annihilate by 30%, and drop the damage from deadly saber by 30%.

Though that doesn't really help with the burst. Annihilate needs 3-4 stacks before it starts killing everything. Oh and a 30% boost to annihilate will completely destroy any semblance of balance for the spec, due to how OP it would make it.

Maybe for more burst but the same damage output would be:

Juyo now gives +6% damage upfront, with +1% damage per stack

or

Zen/Beserk now gives 6 stacks of juyo automatically.

I think he is saying Up the damage from Annihilate by 30%, and drop the damage from deadly saber by 30%.

Yes I know, I can read. But bleeds have 21% higher chance to crit, and they have 30% surge bonus and they autocrit under Berserk. So simply dropping the damage of deadly sabers for Annihilate is a big sustained damage loss

@ BobyDigital - Considering the Devs stated Annihilation was meant to be the highest sustained sped available to Marauder, your suggested changes do not seem likely.

@ cs_zoltan - The simplest way to reduce an ability's damage - particularly a Force attack - would be to reduce its coefficient on bonus damage. Right now the coefficient is 0.2 so reducing it to 0.13 would reduce its expected damage by ~30% inclusive of Berserk, Juyo Mastery and Bleedout.

To be clear, further reducing Annihilation's bleed damage is a bad idea. That is what this spec is all about! If you want big hits/spiky-damage play one of the other specs.

@ BobyDigital - Considering the Devs stated Annihilation was meant to be the highest sustained sped available to Marauder, your suggested changes do not seem likely.

@ cs_zoltan - The simplest way to reduce an ability's damage - particularly a Force attack - would be to reduce its coefficient on bonus damage. Right now the coefficient is 0.2 so reducing it to 0.13 would reduce its expected damage by ~30% inclusive of Berserk, Juyo Mastery and Bleedout.

To be clear, further reducing Annihilation's bleed damage is a bad idea. That is what this spec is all about! If you want big hits/spiky-damage play one of the other specs.

I do I play carnage I just mess around with annih in regs, anyways the spec would be be viable if u just took a little damage out of the dots and put it into a annihilate wouldn't hurt pve and it would help pvp, maybe 10%, 30 would be a little crazy

Edited by BobyDigital

I do I play carnage I just mess around with annih in regs, anyways the spec would be be viable if u just took a little damage out of the dots and put it into a annihilate wouldn't hurt pve and it would help pvp, maybe 10%, 30 would be a little crazy

It would affect PvE as Annihilate requires you to be in melee range of your target, while your DoTs tick regardless of range. It would dramatically change how the spec is played and it would further homogenize the available specs. There are other - better - ways to increase its PvP viability such as making the DoTs uncleansable or adding some other adverse effect upon cleansing.