The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Hybrid Powertech DPS Guide (breaking down C-tor's parse)

paowee

Hybrid is all well and good, but it's been nerfed a few times before and it'll be nerfed again. We shouldn't be bothered with teaching people the rotation, we should be gathering everyone to complain about the lack of punch in the upper tiers of both trees to reduce the need to go hybrid to just be competitive in operations, and or in addition to, complain about rearranging the trees so things like Hyper Fuel, Hot Iron, and Prototype Cylinders is available to both trees

I am surprised that hybrid is still the highest parsing. One of the goals of 2.4 changes was to make full trees in PvE parse higher. From my understanding full AP is not far behind (maybe 50-100 dps). Is that correct?

Is more like 150 to 250

Is more like 150 to 250

I agree. I was averaging <200-250 DPS (Tactics) and around <250-300 DPS (Assault).

I still believe the top tier talents, TD/AP specifically, are quite underwhelming as a full spec "reward".

I have no problem with a hybrid spec being viable, and even top parsing in certain circumstances, but overall superior....No sir, I don't like it.

Just so you know, it really isn't a rotation, it's more of a priority system. Everything is situational and dependant on procs. When the stars align you will have super high numbers. Also, in the majority of these fights position is everything: when to save cooldowns, pulse cannon, burn phases etc. The thing that kills dps the most is if you fall below 4 pips and don't have a recharge cells or a way to get back to 4 pips (free stockstrike + high impact proc). Also regarding dots, you aren't going to maintain them always unless its nefra or something. You should definitely make an effort to have them up as much as possible. Your priority should be #1. 4 pips, #2. Gut, #3. 6 second high impact, #4. Other dots. It's just a matter of pushing your energy to the absolute limit while maintaining a fluid use of skills at the right times.

It isn't a rotation that's why

1 → 7 is based on the priority lists that you mentioned. The only constant (and semblance of being a rotation) is Gut and Pulse Cannon which you use at specific intervals or specific timers. Flamethrower is always every 15 seconds, and Retractable Blade is always is refreshed every 15 seconds as well. The other abilities, Flame Burst, Railshot, Rocket Punch, Incendiary Missile on the other don't have set timers and used to pushing your energy / DPS to the absolute limit while maintaining a fluid use of skills at the right times.

The 4 pips is definitely useful , i'll add that up thanks. And more stress on 6 second high impact bolts.

Edited by paowee