The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Was there a Thomas or Rachel in the EU?

Jacen_Starsolo

I stumbled onto this and it got me wondering. http://www.opencastingcall2013.com/

They say there will be two characters named Thomas and Rachel in the Star Wars movies.

I believe the assumption right now by a lot of the fanbase is that those character names are code-names as a way of keeping plot details to a minimum in the casting call. But, hey, who knows? :)

I believe the assumption right now by a lot of the fanbase is that those character names are code-names as a way of keeping plot details to a minimum in the casting call. But, hey, who knows? :)
Most likely, Thomas and Rachel aren't exactly inspiring names - let alone Star Warsy.

It does on the other hand give us some indication of the type of characters they'll be.

EDIT: And no there are no characters in Star Wars EU with those names, heck those names probably don't even exist in the Star Wars Universe. Not that I would expect EU characters anyway, they will likely be original creations.

Edited by Beniboybling

Seems like neither will be force users. Actually seems more like Han types than anything by the descriptions.
Perhaps, perhaps not. We should remember that the Jedi are getting back on their feet at this point, heck the Order might not even exist. A roguish Jedi type entering into the whole destiny/heritage thing could be a plot device.

Basically any Jedi ain't going to be the Yoda type.