The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

CC unlock for collection sets without buying them in-game

Thaxyll

One of the main featuers in MMOs and rpgs in general should be to have plenty of options to make your character look exactly as you wish. There's been lots of improvements on this in SWTOR since launch and that's great. I still feel there's lots to be desired still, and the biggest reason is the collections system and the need to have to buy the items to be able to unlock gear sets.

I have used the preview feature in the collections section to equip my chars as I would really like them to look and the annoying thing is it will probably be impossible for me to actually get that gear anyway.

My biggest gripe is that the earliest cartel pack items came out before we could unlcok collections and now you can't find them anymore (or they are way too expensive on GTN).

What I would like is a means to unlock those gear sets (classic forward recon and classic despot for example) with CC only, maybe just make it twice as expensive as when you unlock the set in-game. At the same time this would resolve the issue of pricing of many armors on GTN, which is just way too high imo. This would give people the option of unlocking collections with CC or buying a whole set in-game for more reasonable prices.

Or are you (Bioware) gonna bring back items from past cartel packs, cause it's a real shame if you want to use them and can't. :(

I get what you're after. I'd like to see the content of the early packs added to the store to be bought directly without relying on luck.

It's all all random packs these days and I never manage to get the items I actually want, but lots of crap I never wanted at all.

You can buy them without touching cartel coins, just completed my Recovered Hero Armour, only got the chest piece from a pack (liked the look for my BH), Bought the rest off the GTN. I've also bought Calo Nord's Armour off the GTN, which minus the hat looks great on one of my Jedi.

It just costs a lot of credits, which I get by doing either blackhole or section X missions, which in turn just takes time, fortunately my tastes haven't run to the really expensive outfits yet, I got rid of the only piece of Revan's armour I got because I don't like that outfit at all.

What I would like is a means to unlock those gear sets (classic forward recon and classic despot for example) with CC only, maybe just make it twice as expensive as when you unlock the set in-game. At the same time this would resolve the issue of pricing of many armors on GTN, which is just way too high imo. This would give people the option of unlocking collections with CC or buying a whole set in-game for more reasonable prices.

My comment is going to get alot of Trolls, but oh well...

I used to think like you, there was so much in this game that I wanted so many cool things. Just simple cosmetic improvements, like a Black Green color crystal and a Purple color crystal. I came to the game just 2 months after launch, weeks before the Rakgoul event and I didn't understand it at all. I didn't understand that even though I was only lvl 30 something I could collect Rakgoul DNA and get my very own black green hawkeye crystal, so I gave all the Rakgoul DNA i collected to my former guild mates.

A couple weeks later they put a crystal vendor in the fleet, you could buy all the unique, end game color crystals for 1 million credits, but you had to be lvl 50. I didn't have 1 million credits and I wasn't lvl 50 yet... I earned my 1 million credits and I dinged 50 on a Monday, very late at night. The next day I logged on and installed a patch... and the crystal vendor was GONE!! No purple crystal for me...

Fast Forward almost 2 years, I am still saving credits for the ever elusive Black Green Hawkeye crystal (5million these days), but everyone and their brother has a purple crystal now and I can even craft them. That fact makes the purple crystal seem much less special to me, like "big deal, a purple crystal... yippee..." But that black-green hawkeye man, that is an achievement, that is special, that is something that not everyone has. :rak_01:We wants it my precious, yes we do, we want's it so bad...:rak_04:

It is the same concept with the gear in collections, if they let you just buy it then it becomes less special because everyone will have that gear and that look. Try sending the seller of that gear a message to see if you can buy it, I bet they have been trying to sell it for months and no one will buy it because the price is so high.