Called to Arms: Tournament RSVP

Juniormonk

Greetings Funkers,

Remnants will be hosting a duel tournament on Koriban Next week on Wednesday (11/20/13) @ 9:00PM Central.

Thokan and I have found the most epic, groovy, sexy spot in all of the galaxy to duel. Unfortuantely this is for Imps only... Sorry Republicans.

It takes someone who can pull friendlies and someone who can knock back. Smasher worked the best because they have the best distance. But have no fear! We'll do all the work getting everyone to the secret spot. You just need to show up ready to fight. Blood will be shed, bounties will be paid, and server reputation will be earned. If you think you have what it takes to defeat a humble monk then come at me bro.

So head to Koriban and follow this

. Bring your friends and your A game. For those on Enjin, please sign up for the event on our guild page so we can an idea of who's interested.

Cheers!,

Monk

Edited by Juniormonk

You mean any decent sniper will win because they'll beat any decent powertech. Because the powertech is only good vs stuns and aoe the sniper has higher ranged defense can debuff armor and heals, multiple knockdacks roots not stuns(Powertechs have 30% reduction while stunned not rooted) like leg shot and can be inmmune to cc (see bunker) and can bunker a powertechs damge while getting him low also has an execute which the power tech does not.. They are immune to the powetechs pull .....I mean a good Marksman Sniper will simply and truely eat a Powertechs lunch and not even give them a second thought.

So a Decent Sniper will beat a Decent Powertech. Sorry Powertechs are not as OP as some would like to think just because they have a lot aoe reduction and when you stun them and try to burst them down them have high damage reduction so it may seem like they are very hard to kill but it's because people are playing to their strengths. A sniper only plays to their weaknesses.

SWTOR has a lot of Rock Paper Scissors so a sniper may run into a class tha tthey don't do well against and the powertech may avoid facing them who knows.

You mean any decent sniper will win because they'll beat any decent powertech. Because the powertech is only good vs stuns and aoe the sniper has higher ranged defense can debuff armor and heals, multiple knockdacks roots not stuns(Powertechs have 30% reduction while stunned not rooted) like leg shot and can be inmmune to cc (see bunker) and can bunker a powertechs damge while getting him low also has an execute which the power tech does not.. They are immune to the powetechs pull .....I mean a good Marksman Sniper will simply and truely eat a Powertechs lunch and not even give them a second thought.

So a Decent Sniper will beat a Decent Powertech. Sorry Powertechs are not as OP as some would like to think just because they have a lot aoe reduction and when you stun them and try to burst them down them have high damage reduction so it may seem like they are very hard to kill but it's because people are playing to their strengths. A sniper only plays to their weaknesses.

SWTOR has a lot of Rock Paper Scissors so a sniper may run into a class tha tthey don't do well against and the powertech may avoid facing them who knows.

This, snipers make mincemeat out of melee classes as long as their intelligent enough to keep them at distance. Most snipers seem to forget how to root people.

Any sniper tree has enough tools to take down a powertech. Powertechs only shine at the moment due to the insistence of people running Smash bombers.

In a 1v1 duel where there is no healer I would put my money on the sniper taking out a PT

Don't forget to factor in location. Pretty much anyone will get eaten by a sniper in the open field. But give a sorc like myself one LoS location and its over. I will outlast anyone that is bunkered down. Looking at this current tournament spot there are statues that I can take cover behind. Which is going to be exciting because if anyone does decide to hide behind the statues they are going to be dangerously close to getting pushed/knocked off the ledge to their death. It's going to be interesting to see what happens.

Edited by Juniormonk

I said Pyrotech Powertech not Advanced Prototype Powertech

Pyrotech Powertechs have imo the best Defensive Cooldowns in game. Reactive Shield 25% dmg reduction to reduce the targets opening burst. Kolto Overload this is my personal fav heals me when I drop to 35% health and gives me a 30% damage reduction for the time im being healed for good luck killing me with your execute and finaly Chaff flare with the 2.4 buffs Pyrotechs recieved this talent was changed and I can now find my self resisting stuns smashes anything tbh which lasts for 6 seconds I resisted a Vanguards Cyro Grenade the other day and even his Pulse Cannon while he was playing Tactics.

Edit:Im bad @ my own class and forgot Hold the Line which I can use to get out of Sniper KB and leg shot.

Id he happy to transfer my Powertech back to BC and beat any sniper you'd like to me vs.

Oh and Advanced Prototype is not OP at all (The spec you where talking about with the 30% aoe dmg reduction and 30% dmg reduction while stunned) It is only OP in Arenas in the small 4v4s with Ion cell on able to have 3 DPS on one team with 1 healer and a guard.

p.s mara > sniper.

Edited by Skinnychalk

Koriban T_T

I recall Pyro Powertechs being soft and not doing a lot of Damage after they got nerfed. In my post I didn't even really get into the snipers defenses but they are far better thant a pyro tech and there damage is far better they heal while in cover . Just go to Torhead and look at the Marksmanship tree you'll get the picture.

I recall Pyro Powertechs being soft and not doing a lot of Damage after they got nerfed. In my post I didn't even really get into the snipers defenses but they are far better thant a pyro tech and there damage is far better they heal while in cover . Just go to Torhead and look at the Marksmanship tree you'll get the picture.

lel l2quote

Lbh here, a good carnage marauder and DESTROY a good sniper within a couple globals. Marauder's ability to root, go stealth and remove all slows/roots, reduce the targets abilities by 90% for 6 seconds, and their outstanding defensive cd's will destroy a sniper even with it's roots and defensive cd's. I eat snipers for breakfast, lunch, dinner.

You forgot to put on you aim implant and cunning earpiece ;)

HAHAH! Hey Zoo, how'd you like that last round of solo arena's where 5 people got booted leaving 2 v 1 to duke it out. Hope those on the short end of the stick didn't get an instant loss from that...

You forgot to put on you aim implant and cunning earpiece ;)

Of course I didn't. C'mon Nabi, what is this, amateur hour?

Have more faith

HAHAH! Hey Zoo, how'd you like that last round of solo arena's where 5 people got booted leaving 2 v 1 to duke it out. Hope those on the short end of the stick didn't get an instant loss from that...

I wouldn't know, because I was one of the few who were booted -_-

But I guess GG Bioware?

Grats to Khollasuyu for taking the win! (Assasin and Deception Dps'er)! Also a shout out to Laynah, Emuete, Zancoco, and Magius for making it to the bridge. The next tournament will be on Tat. so that everyone can participate.

We need to create a Royal Rumble style where every 20s or so someone enters the outlaws den and it becomes last man standing. I will put up 100k in the pot to see that happen (monk can hold the money as he is fairly trustworthy)

The attendees do a /roll and the lowest goes in next....or something like that. If we can arrange it for say a Sat morning I will def. attend.

Grats to Khollasuyu for taking the win! (Assasin and Deception Dps'er)! Also a shout out to Laynah, Emuete, Zancoco, and Magius for making it to the bridge. The next tournament will be on Tat. so that everyone can participate.

thanks!

We need to create a Royal Rumble style where every 20s or so someone enters the outlaws den and it becomes last man standing. I will put up 100k in the pot to see that happen (monk can hold the money as he is fairly trustworthy)

The attendees do a /roll and the lowest goes in next....or something like that. If we can arrange it for say a Sat morning I will def. attend.

that is such a good idea.

We should have a TLC match while we are at it!

i call jeff hardy.

While it sounds like fun, the big issue here would be stealth classes.

While it sounds like fun, the big issue here would be stealth classes.

If there is enough ppl and the boundaries of the area are defined stealth classes won't be an issue as they can only use their emergency stealth every 2 mins. Good luck surviving once it is on cooldown. For sins who like to exit out of combat and run around corners to heal up (not mentioning any names) then they typically will be the first person focused.

Every organized PvP event at the Outlaw's Den royally failed:

• People form teams on their own.
  • Stealthies pick off the ones at low health
  • Counter raids form up
  • People begin the event before the scheduled time. This causes multiple little battles rather than the organized event.
  • People rez and come back for more! Hard to keep count when someone who dies kills someone playing fair.

If we do something like this we will need to be super organized. Maybe have a standard duel On Koriban in the small arena area. Have people pay to enter and have top 3 take the pot.

My humble opionion.

Every organized PvP event at the Outlaw's Den royally failed:

• People form teams on their own.
  • Stealthies pick off the ones at low health
  • Counter raids form up
  • People begin the event before the scheduled time. This causes multiple little battles rather than the organized event.
  • People rez and come back for more! Hard to keep count when someone who dies kills someone playing fair.

If we do something like this we will need to be super organized. Maybe have a standard duel On Koriban in the small arena area. Have people pay to enter and have top 3 take the pot.

My humble opionion.

The tournament Black Sun Rising held in outlaws den before 2.0 hit was a huge success.