What's your In Character's opinion of your companions?

Excise

Right, I'll just do my agent, and in his voice:

Kaliyo: A dangerous asset, but an asset none the less. She's an anarchist, a sadist, a habitual liar, and utterly immoral, but there's some sort of charm to her I can't quite understand. I would have once said she was uncomplicated, but that seems to purely be her outward visage, rather than her inward feeling. She did at one point have feelings towards me, but when Ensign Temple joined the crew she was quickly put off when the Ensign and I grew close. She is however a good friend of mine, and while we don't always see eye to eye, we've learnt to respect one another, as well as each other's choices. She does like to flatter herself by saying she's as good as me yet through raw talent rather than training, which I let her believe.

Vector: While connected to a hive mind, and thus no longer an individual, Vector does seem to retain some specific quirks and aspirations that make me feel he is still at least partly the man he once was. A love for the Imperial opera house, his talks with myself, Lokin and Temple, and his enthusiasm for the Empire, born out of the ability to raise civilisation from dust, as was the case with his own world. I can't help but like him, and I enjoy his company. He seems loyal, both to the team and to his friends, and even seems to finally be getting along with Kaliyo through some sort of mutual respect, or at least understanding. He's a scholar and a gentleman, and he has helped me on many occasions.

Lokin: Perhaps a paranoid old man, perhaps a symbol of what my future holds, I do enjoy the company of this eccentric, intelligent and pragmatic man. He seems to support the Empire, and seems to be against the same selfish impulses that some parts of my crew enjoy, and he does love clever solutions to problems. As such, I cannot help but feel he is an asset to my crew and a good dinner companion for the conversations had between myself, Temple and Vector. He seems to admire me, and says constantly that I impress him, which I do take slight pride in, seeing as at first Lokin came to my team due to mutual blackmail, and his boredom from retirement. He's a brilliant Doctor and a good friend.

Temple: She's my wife, I can hardly say anything bad about her. She's loyal and caring yet professional and pragmatic where it counts. She is cultured, as was shown by my birthday present, and her suggestions for good cuisine on Dromund Kaas as well as other planets, and our copious trips to various different performances. Some may call her naive, but to me she seems like an idealist, a rare thing in our kind of work. However, certain problems arise from having her aboard, but I am sure that I am capable of protecting the crew from these, especially seeing recent developments have made me invaluable to the Imperial war effort, and Darth Marr would probably take any moves made against me as a personal offense. I think he knows about Temple's abilities, but I think he also knows about my own affections towards her, so he has not acted, yet.

SCORPIO: Honestly, she's fascinating and disgusting at the same time. While Kaliyo's wild attitude is charming, and she sometimes shows herself to be more than just this, SCORPIO is honestly a system I wish we could have left on Belsavis, and I wish she was not bound to me in this way. However, I won't deny she's an asset, as most AIs are, but I seriously doubt that having her around is worth the risk.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My neutral male Sith Warrior:

Vette: My lovely little rogue. Good for getting places and doing things not suitable for a sith. She is my slave, my property, nothing more, and if you have any allusions as anything more between us you'll be choking on my lightsaber faster than you can say "slave-loving-sith". I have nothing further to say on the matter...

Malavai Quinn: Ah, Quinn. Does his duties and does them well.

Granting him mercy has in fact played to my advantage, unsurprisingly. Maybe most Sith wouldn't have, however if I learned anything from Baras I learned to exhaust a persons usefulness before killing him and now that the little brownnoser feels he needs to atone for his sins I've seen increased productivity. You really should be taking notes...

(LS)Jaesa Wilsam: Jaesa, Jaesa, Jaesa. Through her, I have found a way to benefit from both light and dark in the force. I often think back to how I convinced her of the flaws of the Jedi and I chuckle. I now, almost like the kind of psychological warfare I engaged in. As my first apprentice I find her more than suitable. And she stands at the ready should the wholesale slaughter of Sith be required. If you think you'll be telling anyone about this, you'll be choking on my lighsaber faster than- well, you get the picture. Sealed lips don't choke on the Wrath's lightsaber, yes? Good.

Lt. Pierce: Good old piercey boy. My favorite tin soldier, a man after my own heart. Gets the job done with a brutish eloquence and explosive grace... Much like my mother really, except, with actual explosions. It's beautiful. For all my careful manipulations and unorthodox alliances I often wish I could just blow everything up... Alas, I will live vicariously through my tin soldier.

Broonmark: Another asset whom I envy. My saber can't spill nearly as much blood as his vibrosword. Shame, that. I only wish I could convey my subversive tactics to him in a way he'd understand. If only the galaxy were as simple as he sees it.... I'm sorry, and you are...? If you haven't any useful business with me I suggest you leave with haste before you catch a lightsaber in your throat. Fair warning...

My Smuggler, Jakskenn/Jaks Kenn:

Corso Riggs

Corso's a good guy. Sure, he can be naive at times, but he's loyal, honest, and good in a fight. The whole "Names his blasters" thing kinda worries me, though. Overall, there's no one I'd rather have at my side in a tough situation.

Bowdaar

I'm just going to say it. Life debts creep me out. I rescue him from a life of servitude, and in return he pledges his life to my service. How does that work? Still, I don't dislike him. I'm glad to have him with me. I don't know where I'd be without my big, vibrosword-wielding furball.

Risha

Well, I married the woman, that should say something right there. She's tough, intelligent, pretty, and helps me focus on the important things. The important things being credits. Don't get me wrong, if it's a good cause, I can be generous, but I've got to make a living, y'know?

Akaavi Spar

Mandalorians creep me out. Always have, always will. They talk about "honor" as though it really means "killing a whole bunch of stuff." But you have to kill a whole bunch of stuff like a Mandalorian, otherwise you're a dishonorable aru... are... aroo... aroy... however you pronounce that. I like honor, and I like killing a whole bunch of stuff, but I generally consider them two very separate things. Getting off track. Mandos are weird.

Languss Tuno

Sometimes I wonder why the crew's medic spends all his time in the cargo hold. Guss is a good guy, I guess. Kind of jumpy, but I'm glad to have him aboard.

C2-N2

Screw this droid.

Hmmm... Sounds like somebody's only a few bad hair days away from massacring the younglings...

If Scourge has got a sinister agenda, and it is to turn him/her to the Dark Side, then it appears to be working. :)

Damn, your Jedi is worse than Master Kaedan.

Kira must be killed if she starts to turn? Asset?

Scourge is filth? Must be killed when his usefulness ends?

Your Jedi seems to harbor extreme darkness towards anything remotely dealing with the empire...basically a very darkside version of a Repulic-first Jedi.

Now I'm actually curious if there are examples of Jedi like this in the star wars EU.

I think that's the point of the OP's playthrough on said Jedi. I mean it's clear they do make some lightsided choices, but their character's mindset is 'focus on the mission above all else'.

Now, my main character:

Josef "Sniper Jo" Mun'di: Male, Lightside, Zabrak, Sniper Imperial Agent, and Space!Australian

Kaliyo: Mean as a cat's @#$% an' bloody only good at soakin' up blaster fire most times. Also a bloody traitor, shoulda let 'er stay locked up when the Empire took 'er away. As is Ah only keep 'er 'roun' 'cause she knows too much. Made sure to 'ave the good doctor put a few implants in 'er not to mention some blackmail from Watcher X.

Vector: Bug's me best mate that e'er ain' been a woman. Bloke knows there's better options to take than shootin' a man in tha face. Not so great in a sortie but he holds it it well 'nough. 'e migh' seem like 'is 'ead's on a walkabout but don' let it fool ya, seen 'em dodge blaster fire I have. Bit o' a feral.

Doctor Lokin: Man's into some righ' shonky business, but 'e's got a good 'ead an' his experiences ain' replacable. Always can' count 'im few sage insight an' the odd science'd up solution 'r interrogation. Doesn' always approve o' my methods, but we get 'long well enough. This frood knows where 'is towel is.

Ensign Temple: Sweet 'lil sheila she is but clearly got some daddy issues. Latched onto me like a Kor'l slug sniffin' freak blood. She'd 'ave a bright future in Intelligence. IF THE EMPIRE DIDN' DONE DISBAND IT!*

SCROPIO: Bit o' an odd one, but she's a thousand year ol' robot sheila designed to kill. Whadda ya expect? Handier than Kaliyo at soakin' up blaster fire an' is righ' useful even when the scuffles stop.

Treek: She an' I 're bushmates. When we git time off I like ta take that lil' ankle biter to some outback an' we'll watch the ol' Bush Holo.

HK-51: Wonder if this fella's SCORPIO's ex husband 'r somethin'. He don' like my methods, but he follows faithfully. Polite, efficient, an' has a plan to kill everyone 'e meets. A clanker after me own heart.

*No, sith Intelligence don' count few nothin'. The whole point o' Intelligence is to 'ave an outlook not tainted by 'ow many times can I stab everythin' 'round me in the back?'

Master Ja-mags, Hero of Tython, Human Male Sentinel

T7-01: Jedi are forbidden to form attachments, and I like to think I'm mostly pretty good at that, but I don't know what I'd do without this little droid. He was there with me at the beginning, he was there with me at the end. He's dependable and enthusiastic.

Knight Kira Carsen: Kira's a good jedi, and a better friend. Her past concerns me, but I'm more afraid for her than of her. She's fought at my side since Coruscant, and I'm glad to have her with me.

Doctor Archiban "Doc" Kimble: I'll admit it: the guy strikes me as a little sleazy. And by a "little" I mean very. But, he's dedicated to his work, and I can count on him to do the right thing.

Sergeant Fideltin Rusk: Rusk mostly just stands in the corner looking moody. I don't mind him, but we're hardly the best of friends.

Lord Scourge: He doesn't like me much. I get the idea he feels like he has to follow me. The moment he stops thinking that is when he'll try to stab me in the back. It's a shame, but it's the only way I can see it playing out. He's been through a lot, and he's made himself useful, so he doesn't bug me that much.

Darth Occlus, Octavios Kallig, of the Dark Council, Human Male Assassin

Khem Val: Something about the Dashade bothers me. It might have something to do with his wanting to eat me. He's reliable, if nothing else.

Captain Andronikos Revel: He's a good pilot, but he can't appreciate subtlety. It made Alderaan much harder than it needed to be, but he remains useful to me.

Apprentice Ashara Zavros; What I dread more than... more than a lot of things, is the day Ashara falls to the Dark Side completely. I have some difficulty manipulating Jedi, as I discovered on Alderaan, but Ashara makes an excellent subject for practice.

Tallos Drellik: We share interests, and Drellik has prove quite useful to me, without becoming dangerous. He and Andronikos are my only allies that don't need to be watched for signs of betrayal. Andronikos wouldn't risk it, and Tallos has no motive.

Apprentice Xalek: The Kaleesh has spirit, and he'll make an excellent Sith, so long as he doesn't try to get there through me.

The viewpoint of my Sorcerer Darth Nox (male - Severe DS)

Khem Val

It has its uses, as far as blunt instruments go, and is very effective at intimidation in delicate diplomatic scenarios. When I want things to go my way without having to expend much energy, I bring the Monster with me.

Andronikos Revel

An interesting individual to say the least; had he been force sensitive he would have made 'decent' addition to our ranks. He has a fair tactical mind, and his knowledge of the criminal underworld has come in handy on several occasions. His combat prowess is impressive at times, as is his skills as a pilot. Outside of these areas, I don't care for his opinion or input; there is not much else that I require from him other than his blasters and piloting.

Ashara Zavros

Infuriating. Amusing. Naive... This girl travels across the Galaxy with me, aiding me in slaying my enemies, calls me 'Master' all to change the Empire for the better - all the while proclaiming to be a Jedi. I laugh myself to sleep with that last thought. I count the days until she realises just how FAR she has fallen, and when she does I will be there to pick her up: like putty in my hands I will mold this little girl into an image of my own design.... Until then however, it's an amusing distraction.

Talos Drelik

The Imperial's anecdotes and analogies are welcome, at times. His knowledge on our history, however, is what makes him useful. His curious intellect and attention to detail rival my own and his input in our searches for relics of power is always welcome - his counsel is always considered in high regard. But. If I don't need him, I don't want to hear him.

Xivhkalrainik (Xalek)

"Beware your Master. Beware your Apprentice. Never be taken by surprise".

This was the most important lesson I learned in what it means to be Sith; this is also my approach to the Kaleesh. He may be loyal, for now, and he may be willing to learn, but his keen nature also forces me to keep an eye on him... What he may lack in raw power, he makes up for with ruthlessness to match my own and a willingness to press the attack. Should it ever come to that, I doubt it will be anything but a straight up fight. If so then he has learned nothing. However, I will remain open minded - if only to retain a level of cautious optimism.

Edited by Miyran

That's an interesting thread, good read so far! :)

Let me intreduce my main's perspective as well:

Vette:

I am a firm believer in Imperial ideals, she broke the laws and got punished for them. I never took the slave collar off her, not because I believe she is a slave or that she should be because of her being an alien - she has her uses, Vette is very capable but she needs a reminder: I am not her friend nor do I wish to be, she is my asset to be used as I see fit. I will not however let any harm come to her, until she has her collar she is under my protection.

Malavai Quinn:

I loved him once, even if I told myself it was just for fun. I was later reminded that fully trusting someone is for the weak of mind and soft of heart - and I made sure he also got his lesson from this. Just like everyone else on board my ship he is still a usefull tool, bright and sharp of mind as he is. I'm grooming him for command of my powerbase letting him prove there is still more to him than a plaything to warm my bed.

Jeasa Willsaam:

My apprentice and my hope for the future, just one look at her proves how foolish the Jedi and their teachiings are. Her blind obidience and worship of every word I throw her way make her a weapon as deadly as my own lightsaber and the enemies of the Empire shall feel the anger of my apprentice - finally unleashed with all the fury she can muster.

Pierce:

If I wasn't born with the gift of the Force I imagine myself being someone like Pierce. A strong, independant man with a knack for action and hunger for glory. What he lacks in wisdom he makes up with wits of a veteraned soldier, a perfect complementary for Quinn, someone to keep him on his toes. I trust him and his team to do things no other soldiers would handle and in return he can trust me to come up with even more opportunities for bloodshed.

Broonmark:

The ultimate shield between me and what my enemies decide to throw at me. He is a beats owing his loyalty only to my strenght but that suits my needs just fine - I don't plan on becoming weak. His claws savagely rip through those I point at, I can sleep soundly knowing he watches the door to my chambers.

Phew, that's it - it was more fun to get in-character than I thought! :D