The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Small tip for newer Powertechs for PvP.

MyDominion

Something I noticed alot of Merc/PT players do is burn stealth scan by randomly using it in the hopes of a random stealther being in that exact spot. If there is an actual stealth threat in the area, he will wait for you to do that and then jump you. You will then have 20 seconds of cooldown to wait until it comes back up, and could blow an oppurtunity for a kill.

My advice is this..

1.) Keybind your stealth scan to a single click button (I actually use 1 of the 2 buttons on the side of my mouse). This will make the ability much faster to use.

2.) Use stealth scan after a vanish (By vanish I mean the shadow/Assassin or Scoundrel/ Operative cooldown that enabled them to stealth in combat). This will frustrate stealthers to no end. And once you are comfortable with the keybind you will be able to do this faster and faster. It is rare that a stealth can vanish away from me, just make sure your eye is on them when they vanish and you can track their likely direction of travel. (Key binding all skills helps with having your eyes on the screen at the time of vanish).

Fundamentally this can be a great skill and is underutilized. Don't just spam it randomly, your chance of popping a stealth is low. If you save the cooldown and have it keybound you will have stealthers slamming their keyboards in no time.