BH Healing help

BlueyedJedi

I just hit 39 and started quing for the Foundry and Colicoid flashpoints. I was able to heal Colicoid without any major problems. The first time I healed Foundry, the HK fight was pretty hard but I was able to do it. The last three times have been total failures.

In all 3 cases the tanks started blaming me for lousy healing and being inefficent. Ill take the blame if I think its me, but it doesnt seem to be totally my fault. Im pretty much healing my butt off the entire fight and trying to heal all four of the group. I end up maxing my heat and its a wipe from there.

I feel Im a pretty good healer and up until the Foundry my groups have mostly called me a "beast" which I think is a good thing. My confidence has waivered a bit as I cant seem to heal the HK fight.

Any advise on how to heal better would be appreciated. Or did I just get a trio of bad tanks who want to blame the healer because they cant keep aggro?

It sucks that you got the treatment you did. That being said, Merc heals aren't as easy as they look. From a PvE standpoint, its about heat management. Make the group slow down if you are not ready for the next encounter. It also sounds like you got under geared or poor tanks.

Remember, if the DPS are taking more damage then you believe they should be tell them so. If the tanks are not using cooldowns and all they can to minimize the damage tell them so.

Just because you heal doesn't mean you can heal through stupid.

Hang in there my friend. There aren't many Merc healers left. Welcome to the club, and keep in mind that it ain't easy shootin' green. Feel free to hit me up again should you have further questions, etc.

Not only that but the HK fight is a pain to heal with the best of geared people. Pugs just make is worse. Not to mention that it has a tendency to get some odd bugs, the more you run that place the more you find bugs and the more you find ways to get around them.

I've been there too brother! Because of the foundry I gave up healing until 55. I would say about 2/3 of the time would result in a wipe due to DPS taking to much aggro and being under geared. It's would result in me taking aggro from poor players. People rage when they have the blanket of anonymity to stand under.

I would suggest forgetting PUGing and run with guildies.

This was the first wall I heat as healer Merc as well, but it was the HM version (back when HM Foundry was a big deal). It actually forced me to work on my rotation, and I took my healing game to another level. The thing is there is a lot of damage being spread around in the fight and rarely are people gathered up enough to take advantage of kolto missle.

Merc heals is all about heat management, timing w/ SCG, and generous use of rapid shots. Try only casting when you have 3 or more arrows, otherwise you should only be rapid shotting. If you dip below three and you HAVE to cast, that's when you blow your TO and follow with a rapid scan and a few volleys of rapid shots. If your still in 2 arrow territory vent heat then.

Also make sure you're prioritizing you heals, you don't have to heal everyone to full whenever they take damage. You want sure your tank stays above 85% if not full, but dps just need to be okay around 65-80% (depends how good you tank is). Heal them to about that range until the tank can pull the aggro or the add dies, then get your tank full, then go back to them. Your health bar takes last priority. Just make sure you're over at least over 50%, if you get in trouble pop your shield and overload until you teams health bars are in a good place then get yourself back up.

Edited by TezMoney