The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Hood/No Hood ( ITEM )

SunArau

Many people are asking for hood/nohood toggle since launch....I can guess why this feature isn`t made...

But here is my idea...:

Since almoust all hood and lowered hood armors using same mesh..why not add a standalone item into CC market or packs?

1) Hood - After equip it apears as normal hood on any armor , if armor had lowered hood as standart, this item will cover it as it wasn`t even existed . so all will be look natural.

2) Lowered hood - like helmets removes hood , but doesn`t leave a empty area around neck and back , it adds that lowered little hoodie like on other armors .

This maybe isn`t a perfect solution but it will make those people 1) Happy , 2) More creative , 3) Make them spend money on CC . 4) Easy to make , since all meshes are already there.

Win win situation. Don`t threw tomatos at me XD

Edited by SunArau

Lowered hood headpiece! Yes. something I begged for ages ago... thing would be universal and wuld work with most stuff that doesn't have backpacks and such :)

Hood up headpiece would also be cool. Imagine troopers wearing combat armor and hood over it!

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

I wouldn't hold my breath .These items have been suggested before and have been ignored/not prioritized. Don't know why.

Well...I don`t know why too....From not big task to do , and they can profit from it as many people wanted that .

I can find only 2 reasons why they don`t do it

1) They are just lazy

2) Or they don`t want to make half solutions and waiting to get time to make a proper version of Toggle options.....

This is a really great idea, and I support it. I would hope that it wouldn't be a cartel market item, but is is cosmetic, and I wouldn't pitch a fit if it was.

They could do like a large and a small version, and maybe one of each that matches to primary color for armor, and one that matches to secondary.

The only problems I could foresee are with the items that normally have the hood down anyway (like the valiant jedi chest piece) and twileks, both of which might look a little funky. But I think it could work anyway, since there are so few hood down sets, lots of things clip with twileks anyway, and who would but a hood on a slave girl bikini anyway? And who cares if they do?

The only problems I could foresee are with the items that normally have the hood down anyway (like the valiant jedi chest piece) and twileks, both of which might look a little funky. But I think it could work anyway, since there are so few hood down sets, lots of things clip with twileks anyway, and who would but a hood on a slave girl bikini anyway? And who cares if they do?

My idea was that they could program "hood up headpiece" to override or remove the "hood down" armor attachment. Just like a number of helmets does it for "hood up" armor attachments.