Dirty Fighting/Lethality PVP Gear MIN/MAX?

gooddeath

Posted this on the Imp side with lots of looks but nobody stepped up to the plate and started off the discussion so re posting on this sided of the fence.

Hello all so i am running a DF slinger(Lethality) and my question is about min/maxing our gear. I've done this in the past with great effect. Now as i've read on other posts about doing this, in the current patch and with the new gear i see a trend of people saying go with power vice Crit on everything. I am currently going against this mind set and running with about 26% crit and 75% Surge, little to no Accuracy (91% ranged/100% Tech)and rest in power. This has worked great!! i normally top the leader board for damage but i always believe there's room for improvement. What scares me about giving up Crit and going full Power is the Energy regen issue. So if someone could please address this it would greatly help. All Power or keep doing what im doing?

• 3 weeks later...

I generally have run with just under 23% crit chance with only 7 crit rating, ~3000 cunning, plus skill points and I dump the rest into power which totals right around 1000 power. I use cunning augments because of the 9% bonus and the high power mods, power/surge enhancements.

I may test bumping my crit chance up to ~25% but my current gearing setup works fairly well with any of the GS/Sniper specs.

I use the same except for the mods, I use the higher cunning ones because I do belive with the 9% buff it is better then the power ones + this means around 1% more crit. I didnt do the exact math but I think they come to the same dmg but because of the cunning it means a little more crit

I generally have run with just under 23% crit chance with only 7 crit rating, ~3000 cunning, plus skill points and I dump the rest into power which totals right around 1000 power. I use cunning augments because of the 9% bonus and the high power mods, power/surge enhancements.

I may test bumping my crit chance up to ~25% but my current gearing setup works fairly well with any of the GS/Sniper specs.

Edited by NightBOI

I used to think the same until I tested it out

The difference in crit was negligible between running the higher cunning vs higher power

(9) Artful 27X - 468 Cunning/387 Power

(9) Artful 27AX - 576 Cunning/216 Power

Difference - 108 Cunning/171 Power

The difference in Crit Chance comes out to about 0.4% or CritChance=0.2*(1 - (1- (0.01/0.2))^((108*1.09)/55/5.5))

The difference in bonus damage is about 15.78 (39.33-23.544)

Cunning bonus damage calc: BD=(108*1.09)*0.2

Power bonus damage calc: BD=171*0.23

So in the end you can trade almost 16 bonus damage for .4% of crit...I've had better results switching to the higher power mods. Now if this were PVE we were talking about then I may be swayed the other way for DPS output over time, but this is PVP where trading less than .5% of crit chance for more bonus damage is a win IMO.

I'm a math guy if you can't tell, I have a spreadsheet I made for all the stat calculations somewhere.

Edited by shednik