Thoughts and Suggestions on Sentinel / Marauder Combat / Carnage Spec for PVP

babygotmoreback

if guard gets nerfed survivability still needs to be increased IMO lol.

Oh of course, that's why it will never happen. This game would have to be totally rebalanced around people not getting massive DR from guard anymore. Which is how it should have been from the get go in my opinion.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For starters, the mention of Combat having comparable or better defensive capabilities to Focus/Watchman is so absurd its laughable. Now that I have that out of the way......

I greatly enjoy the play-style of Combat/Carnage, whether I'm playing PvE or PvP. The class does offer a great deal of burst damage, but only against the teams that are bad enough to allow that burst. Precision is the skill that brings us on level playing field with the other two specs, and any semi-competent player should know to CC a Sent/Mara once they have Precision/Gore up. The rest of our damage is completely manageable in a solo or healing environment. This is one of my issues with the spec.

The other issue I have with it is the lack of useful defensive talents. The 6% damage reduction that we can get from Saber Screen is so negligible that the talent points are better used elsewhere, and the 30% reduced AoE damage is only useful if you're bad enough to stand in AoEs for the full duration.

The good news is we can root them so that they have to stand close after they CC us due to our use of Precision/Gore.....

This post puts it straight.

Every ranked Ataru Mara with an appropriate team setup behind him will tell you, that Ataru is just fine as it is, though.

Solo listing random wz players won´t be having the same experience, I fear.

Edited by EilahFinn

Carnage is viable because of AP powertechs and deception assassins who are popular because rage is OP against anyone without AoE damage reduction.

Incorrect. Carnage is viable because it has the best single target burst in the game combined with a healing debuff and very strong group utility.

The post about Saber Screen being a joke and AOE DR being unnecessary is hilarious. I cannot imagine that guy in ranked environment. GL moving out of a flamethrower with a snare so strong it might as well be a root or moving out of an instant cast smash lol

Edited by Racter